1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

...Mac OSX 10.5.8 Registration Problem...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gesusfnchrist, Aug 20, 2010.

1. gesusfnchrist

gesusfnchrist New Member

So I finally got d20Pro to launch on my Powerbook G4 PPC mac. I'm using d20Pro_2.2.0.

However, when I attempt to register, I enter all the information and when I click on the "check mark" button, nothing happens... No error message, it just sits there.

I'm running Java 5 and had to employ the -DBypassJavaVersionCheck parameter in order to launch it via the shell script. I'm not sure if that's where the issue lies or not.

I'm running OS X Leopard 10.5.8 and am up-to-date on all my updates if that makes a difference.

I wanted to see if the application would run ok since I'm running Java 5 and it requires Java 6. I didn't want to shell out $10 for a user license and then have the application be useless.

If you guys can't help me I may just have to use RPTools instead. I tested the map application on my mac last night and it worked fine.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

'Preciate it.

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met gesusfnchrist,

Hmm a silent error like that usually implies something unexpected failing on the backend. I will contact you directly to enable logging so we can get to the bottom of this quickly.

I will post here again once we have a resolution, thanks in advance for your help and diligence with this issue.

3. gesusfnchrist

gesusfnchrist New Member

@ thraxxis - Thanks for the reply. I emailed you the log file, but I will also post it here for future d20Pro user reference:

[21 Aug 2010 09:28:09,309] FATAL SafeRunnable | Uncaught Exception caught in SafeRunnable: com.mindgene.d20.common.hints.HintsManager$TriggerHintLogic for welcome (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0)
    java.lang.Exception: Uncaught Exception caught in SafeRunnable: com.mindgene.d20.common.hints.HintsManager$TriggerHintLogic for welcome (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0)
    at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:35)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.swing.JDialog.setIconImage(Ljava/awt/Image;)V
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.hints.HintsManager$TriggerHintLogic.safeRun(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:30)
    ... 7 more
    [21 Aug 2010 09:28:14,462] FATAL SafeRunnable | Uncaught Exception caught in SafeRunnable: com.mindgene.d20.common.hints.HintsManager$TriggerHintLogic for register (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0)
    java.lang.Exception: Uncaught Exception caught in SafeRunnable: com.mindgene.d20.common.hints.HintsManager$TriggerHintLogic for register (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0)
    at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:35)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.swing.JDialog.setIconImage(Ljava/awt/Image;)V
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.hints.HintsManager$TriggerHintLogic.safeRun(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.common.threading.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:30)
    ... 7 more
    [21 Aug 2010 09:28:46,866] ERROR BlockingTask | Unexpected exception:
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:375)
    at com.mindgene.transport2.client.TransportClient.<init>(TransportClient.java:43)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LiveFrameWRP._$43868(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LiveFrameWRP.accessTransport(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_Register$RegisterTask.logic(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.live.LivePanel_Abstract$AbstractPanelTask.work(Unknown Source)
    at com.sengent.jadvanced.blockable.BlockingTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
    at com.sengent.common.threading.SafeThread.safeRun(Unknown Source)
    at com.sengent.common.threading.SafeThread.run(Unknown Source)

Please let me know if you need anything else from my end.

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

The first 2 errors are the popup hint system failing due to the older Java. I just modified the code to isolate that line so in the next release the hint popup will still appear, it just won't get the pretty icon.

Now the 3rd error is the real problem. I took a look and I'm not sure why TransportClient is choking. :shock:

I've asked Glav to take a look as he developed the transport layer. Hopefully he'll have further insight so we can get d20Pro running on your Powerbook.

If you have a Java 4 available you may want to try that just in case it works.

// fingers crossed

5. gesusfnchrist

gesusfnchrist New Member

Thanks for the reply/help!

While I'm waiting on Glav, I'll try and see if Java 4 makes any difference. I will report back with my findings.

Take it easy man.

6. markgregory

markgregory New Member

Was there ever a final solution to this problem, we currently appear to have the same problem where a MAC is refusing to connect to the host that other PCs can connect to. You put in the IP address, select the tick and nothing, just occasional background changes

d20pro 2.3.0