1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

MAC & Windows compatibility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gallagor, May 17, 2013.

1. Gallagor

Gallagor New Member

Hey guys ! So I want to prepare my d20 pro files using my iMac but then use the files on my windows laptop when i'm at the gaming table with my players. (using dropbox)

Is that possible? or should I just used d20pro in my bootcamp Win7 partition?

2. Gallagor

Gallagor New Member

No answer? Not even from one of the devs? Come on :)

3. ChrisRevocateur

I could be wrong on this, but as it uses Java, I'm pretty sure the files are the same. Maybe just back it up before you try the transfer.

4. Eberhardt74

Eberhardt74 New Member

All,

Been a lover of D20 and have 10 licenses, but with the new Windows 8 machine I am having a heck of a time getting D20 to work. It won't let me run it from the desktop or Metro. It will not permit me to run as an administrator nor allow me to open any other way I know how. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. We run games every Tuesday evening and I think I will have to put this one on hold till I resolve.

Thanks
    Eb

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

What location do you have it installed in folder wise?

6. Entola

Entola Member

It does work on Win 8. I'm running it on a Win 8 Laptop myself. You do need to run it as administrator, right click the d20Pro.exe file and go to properties, click the Compatibility Tab and put a check box in "Run this program as an administrator".