1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Macros and Applying typed damage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken L, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Ken L

Ken L Member

Is there a way for players to save macros? I'm aware of d20pro's automation, but is there a way to simply save a macro for commonly used die rolls? I'm referring to rolls that players might still type out manually due the system not accommodating it such as spell effects, and fancy magic items where I'd need to do manual damage.

Regarding 'typed' damage, is there a way to deal fire damage, or perhaps acid damage?

I say this for the damage command (d) which deals out raw damage. Is there an option to deal a damage type to let the system calculate it's energy resistance, immunities, DR etc.. ? I say this again for spell effects where I might group select some tokens and deal a flat energy damage, some might have resistances I'd be unaware of.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Not that I am aware of.

Yes, you can select the type under the diced option
    [​IMG]

Not using the 'Raw' damage method "d", it's there for things the GM has already worked out and just wants to quickly apply to the token.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

There is a way players can save commonly used die rolls, however, it is not as robust as full macro systems. Die rolls can be saved player level in the "Core Dice" window, then selecting the icon that looks like a bag of dice. Again, the expressions you can use in the "Dice" field is limited to:
    Code:
     _ d _ + _
    OR
    Code:
    _ d _ - _
    (example: 44d10+18 OR 4d4+4 OR 2d10-1). And the result (with each die value and total) will be displayed in the game log as "Player rolls ____ for a ___ => [each die roll value]"
    http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGPlayCoreDice.php

Perhaps the easiest way to implement this typed damage (for quick use - like "d" for applying normal damage) is to create a creature (some people name it GM Helper) with attacks or abilities that reflect all the commonly used damage types and/or conditions.
    Can see this forum post by gandolfifeesh for example about abilities helper to apply conditions.

4. Mickey

Mickey Member

[​IMG]

What is that box? I've never seen it before.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Accessed by creating an "ability" on any creature under the "Abilities" tab then creating a "New" ability and selecting the "effect" from "inert" to your custom effect. http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGGPEffects.php Also seen if using "X" to trigger a "new ability" then clicking inside the "effect" window where it says "inert" to change the effect. Just make sure to click on "target" area to replace "click to target" with the creature or creatures you wish to be affected by the effect.

6. Mickey

Mickey Member

That's pretty handy. I need to start using that.

Thanks