1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Make the backup!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robotguy, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

I thought spending the 20 minutes needed to backup my 1.5GB campaign wasn't necessary for a 0.0.1 update, but I was wrong. In 3.6.4 my walls didn't block light anymore, so I tried going back. No go, says it couldn't load gamemodel0 and deleted the current state of my map with all of my players on it.

I know, its my fault but I'm just trying to keep anyone else from suffering the heartache.

MAKE THE BACKUP!

2. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

Luckily I stored the entire campaign on Dropbox, and reverting my Gamestate.dat fixed the problem. Phew!

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yes, even with that option of 'Make a backup', I generally suggest that people install the Beta into a completely different Dir location such as C:\\D20pro_Beta .. copy their game to the Beta dir... then, you can have the stable version and your game in a safe place and just use the Beta for tinkering, exploring new features and the like...

Backup early, backup often! is still a great expression.