1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Making a working Oracle Class

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by pbenner2250, Dec 25, 2010.

1. pbenner2250

pbenner2250 New Member

Hi Guys,

Getting ready to start a new campaign, and I need to have a working Oracle Class. Can anyone give me some tips? Nothing I've found works right thus far.

Paul

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Paul,

Simply download the new Pathfinder files at Pathfinder Essentials for d20pro and install them into the correct directory. Close d20Pro (if you have it open), then restart d20Pro. I think everything should work with the updated Pathfinder Files. Let me know if you are getting an error.

Good Luck in your Campaign!

3. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I do not understand? Oracles work just fine with the spells in my games.

4. pbenner2250

pbenner2250 New Member

I found a few changes that I needed to make and got the spell casting working like it should, and I believe all is working well. The more I learn the more I like this software.

My next question is this:

I need to make a working Arcane Archer prestige class for an NPC I want to use in Combat. I would like to figure out how to make the spell progression work automatically if possible. If not, do I just manually update the caster level?

Best,

Paul

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: Making a working Arcane Archer

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/pres ... rcher.html

First, I would find the "Arcane Archer" in the classes.txt file and update the Attack Rate...

AttackRate=0 >>>> AttackRate=1

Since the Arcane Archer progresses existing spellcaster levels at level 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 10th level AND get's to choose which spellcaster class to improve (if they have multiple arcane spellcaster classes: sorcerer, summoner, witch, or wizard) it would make it very difficult to make an Arcane Archer level account for all that. Perhaps the best way is to add existing class levels of either sorcerer, summoner, witch, or wizard at each of the proper Arcane Archer levels as indicated above. Just note that this will also increase the Base Attack Bonus and Fort/Reflex/Will saves, so make the appropriate changes to keep that creature the same CR.

If you don't want to worry about Base Attack Bonus, you could use AttackRate=.65 This will give the correct Base Attack Bonus at 10th Level of Arcane Archer. Each level between 1-9 is an approximate value (within ± 1 of actual), but as a NPC who would notice.