1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Manual Damage

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Blueter, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Blueter

Blueter Member

Ok, my players like to roll their dice not use the program for attacks. I just hit the "d" button and add damage. Works great! I do however take the time to add the resistances (for 5e) which obviously don't work since I'm just typing Damage X. Can we have the damage types added to the side of the manual damage that appears so that if I check (slashing) it looks at the resistances on the creature and says yup its resistant or immune and adds the damage properly? Would be an awesome feature for our groups style of play!

Nezzeraj likes this.
  2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Interesting idea. I've posted this on the Trello board.

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

You could have them submit the attacks through D20PRO and the DM can adjust the attack roll and the damage applied before submitting.

4. Blueter

Blueter Member

obviously yes I could do that. That said I won't or wouldn't seems like a lot more work, regardless of how much it really is, and I'd simply keep hitting "d" and manually adding the damage and cutting it in half for resistance ect.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh. I like that one. I also love the simplicity of the D and H keys. Will definitely move this one up the list as it makes gaming quicker.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

FYI. I didn't get this into the current build because class library was a beast to get to the current point -- linked into soo many bits of the program. That being said, this is still on the task list and will happen!

7. Blueter

Blueter Member