1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Manually Specified Class.txt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cranerat, Jul 25, 2017.

1. cranerat

cranerat Member

For spells available, spells per day and spells known lists for character classes can you go above lvl 20 and have them show up? In previous versions I had to stop at lvl 20 for spell casters because going above that level would blank out the spell lists. I would have to add another "Class" of "Spellcaster Class (Epic)" to get it to modify the spell levels and spells per day. And it never was completely accurate.

Also, I am making an assumption here;
    a. Spells Available is the spell list of the spells a caster can know?

b. Spells per day I assume is the same syntax as before "##PerDay3=4|4|3|2" - (Lvl 0|1st|2nd|3rd)?

c. and Spells known is another numeric list for spontaneous casters with limited spell access?

Thanks guys.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I don't believe any of those behaviors have changed, you are correct. Though, the general format (new syntax items) of the file has changed quite a lot.

3. cranerat

cranerat Member

Armor= <Armor's by name or weight the class can use?>
    Weapon= <The list of weapons or Feats the class can use? Or both?>
    Tools= ?
    Intuitively I am guessing the "Features=" Special abilities the class gets at that level?

Is there any document that explains all the entries yet?

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

There currently is not. We're holding off on that portion, as fairly shortly, classes.txt is going away and will be fully incorporated into the program (class editor in app).

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Armor, Weapon & Tools correspond to things in the Item Library, So if a character get x & Y from their background or what not and you have X & Y in the item library, it will auto give those items to that class.

Features= is connected to Traits and gives said traits at the indicated levels.

6. cranerat

cranerat Member

So then if I convert the 80 odd classes and prestige classes I have in my current "Classes.txt" to 3.7.1 build, this is going to be replaced again? Will we be able to add classes and modify them as we are currently?

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Not as we 'currently are' no (file is going away), the new in app editor will allow you to create and modify class entries. This will remove the necessity to close D20PRO work on the classes.txt file and then reopen D20PRO, test -- rinse repeat reuse. It'll all be done seamless in app.

8. cranerat

cranerat Member

Ahh, Ok. Understood. That did get to be a pain at times. But also caused me to prepare the classes before hand and rarely had to amend the classes files unless a spell was missing or didn't display from the spells known tables correctly.

9. cranerat

cranerat Member

Your statement above: "Armor, Weapon & Tools correspond to things in the Item Library, So if a character get x & Y from their background or what not and you have X & Y in the item library, it will auto give those items to that class."

Does this mean if there are any entries in the class, that all characters using that class will automatically be populated with the items in those categories whether the character acquired them or not?

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

yes. from what I gather.. I haven't used those elements yet.. and again, it's only for things specific to the class, such as thieves tools for s thief and the like.

11. cranerat

cranerat Member

To me that isn't what should be happening. Those entries to activate the usage of feats or traits to be able to use those items, not "Give" them to characters for free.

Tay-Dor likes this.