1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

map help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KainPen, Aug 12, 2010.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

Hey everyone, I revamped Troll haunt Warrens for my 2nd adventure. and my Friend scanned the whole adventure into pdf for me including the card board cut outs. But when I try to cut and past the in the paint, and place them all together into one big map to use in d20 pro. a few of the card board cut outs skew them selves. when i try to cut and past them any where. any suggestions? They print fine on card stock and look perfect in adobe. it just trying to bring them out of it cause a few of them to mess up.

Also Any one have any exp using Dundjinni. I am trying to import a map i want to edit into. but not sure how to do it and there forums have been down for several days.

2. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

I use coral 11 when I work on maps, I have much better luck after using a pdf copy and paste that has been imported into paint to create a jpg.
    I open Corel 11 and do what ever I want to the map include 3x, 5x, hell even 10x resizing. It gives me ability to resharpen, reformat, etc to the maps.
    For example I just finished doing the entire H2 module and now working H3. These were both copy and pasted from the pdf modules into paint and then reworked in Coral.

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

Cut and paste out of the PDF into individual jpgs.

I assume each item you are cutting out to build the map is a desginated area, right?

Then put those files into your d20pro\judge\campaign\____\res\FLR folder
    Now you have a few options make a map of each part, but if there is a lot fo moving from one to another that can get annoying.

The other option is build a big map, create a raw map of say size 100X100

Now use the tile feature to place in the maps you put into the FLR folder, you will be able to rotate and resize and move them as needed around to paste them all together.

If you check out the online help wiki there is a section on using those tools to put the individual maps together into one big map

4. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

One thing that might help if youre trying to copy and paste to paint.
    On the pdf that is open you should have a tool called a "snapshot tool" looks like a camera that when is in use will be like a set of crosshairs that draws a box around the pic your are trying to copy, you have to right click and hold it because once your release the click it will take a picture of whats inside the box, you can then paste this into paint.

hopefully that helps, just remember paint doesnt allow for much editing

5. KainPen

KainPen Member

thanks had to use the snap shot tool. and keep zoom at 100% . using stand cutting and pasting change the resolution. Snap shot worked well expect had to be very price other i end up with extra black lines. if any wants copy of the full map i e-mail it to you since it is Copy writed can't posted it.

6. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

You can get GIMP free for editing and working on maps before you put them into D20pro. I use it alot and it is awsome.

I took this map:

[​IMG]

and made this map with it.

[​IMG]

7. Dan

Dan Member

Great job!

If your friend was able to scan to PDF, perhaps you could have him scan to a JPG too? That would give you a high-res image without fussing with PDF.

If you need to extract images from a PDF, check out this FREE pdf image extractor!
    http://www.somepdf.com/some-pdf-image-extract.html