1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Map Layers

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Reamak, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Reamak

Reamak New Member

I play my games with a group of professionals. Most of these people are engineers or draftsmen or designers. One of them suggested a possible layer system to do a combination indoor/outdoor scenario. When the PCs are outside, they can see the building and roof. Then when they go inside, I just remove the roof layer to display what's inside.

Not sure, but maybe it could be useful? Thought it was a good idea though.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You can do this currently, just have to have an image of the roof and place it as a tile over your house, and make it invisible when you enter the house.

3. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Some layers would be a great idea. Add a FOW layer to the list of layers to be able to turn on and off. Mostly for use while doing map creation and editing.

Thanx,

Kizan

4. Kizan

Kizan New Member

This solution works when you only have one building or one thing you want to remove. If you had a whole group of buildings to pull the tops off of it could take a while and be fairly frustrating.

Thanx,

Kizan

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Very true.