1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Map Opacity

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Reamak, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Reamak

Reamak New Member

I noticed that when designing a map, you can design it from scratch whether it be outdoor or indoor. However, some color schemes don't quite mesh. Example: I want to design a room with a spider motif. If I add a cobweb tile or graphic, it replaces the original tile. Could it be possible to have a way to see underneath the tile, as if I was looking through the web and seeing the floor?

2. Reamak

Reamak New Member

Something else that might be nice. A way to make walls (or any item, for that matter) that don't take an entire square. A 5ft thick wall is great for castles, but what about a small cabin or an inn? I doubt they have walls that are 5ft thick...

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You can always create a graphic with the background transparent, then add the spider web outline and save the image.

Then, use the manage tiles and import the new image with transparency. once you select your tile with the spider web, control-click on the map. Then right-click on the new tile you placed to bring up a window where you can re-size it. After you are good with the new size you can click-drag to where you want it and close out of the tile editor.

4. Reamak

Reamak New Member

What type of program would I use for something like that?

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Free Option: GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Expensive Option: Photoshop