1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Map pricing question

Discussion in 'Marketplace Content' started by Wesley Gorby, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

2. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I would think 12 for a pack of 20, most printed stuff is about half in digital form. Individual maybe closer to a dollar, that's kind of how WotC does there individual packs or the whole book on DDB. If you look at the percentage they charge for say a Wizard back vs the whole Players handbook, you can kind of see what I am talking about. For plain maps

Maybe you can offer two different kinds plain do it yourself maps and one with the work done for you for an extra fee. It might hit a larger audience some people just use simple FoW while others like the extra detail and lighting provided

#2 HippyCraig, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. mutant

mutant Member

If you added FOW to every map, I would pay the shelf price of $25 for the pack. I could also see making each map avail for $2 each. I do not know how consistent this pricing is with other products, but I would be fine with it. If you feel it is necessary to charge more than shelf price, I would not blink twice for $30. I would evaluate but prob still purchase for $35. Above that, I would only purchase indiv maps.