1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Map size crashed module

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Markehm, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Markehm

Markehm New Member

I was experimenting with a new map size.
    I changed the map size from 52x52 to 103x103 and my campaign is now toast.

I've looked through gamestate files to try and manually change the size but no luck.

The campaign cannot load. Other test campaigns are fine, but my current campaign cannot load.

Any ideas?

If my campaign is toast... how can I import all the characters and work into a new campaign?

Looking around these boards,,, seems like all the work on my characters is gone. That's disappointing.

Furthermore, I started a new campaign and I have to download another instance of the PHB from the marketplace even though it's already on my PC? WTH

#1 Markehm, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

3. Markehm

Markehm New Member

What are you trying to do exactly?
    I changed my map size from 52x52 to 103x103. Wanted to change the tile orientation needed a bigger workspace.
    What was the result?
    The module will not load now. Changing the map size prompted a restart of D20 request. The screen white or black and and shows some text on mouseover but is unusable.
    Is the issue repeatable.
    Yes it does it everytime I try to load the module.
    What OS.
    Windows 10.
    Rule system
    D&D 5 SRE
    What version.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Please attach the d20pro.log file here (from the installation folder), so we can see the crash details and/or errors logged.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Something that might help is upping the memory limit. This can be done on application launch using the bottom most button in the launcher.

I am curious however, changing your map size should not prompt for an application restart -- ever.

If you can pull the D20PRO.log file from your install directory it would be very helpful in determining what went wrong and why you were prompted to restart. Again, this is the first time I've ever heard of getting a prompt for the map resize, so what Kril and I are trying to do is help but looking at the log for Java errors.