1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Maps and Fog of War

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by synergy2, Jan 13, 2015.

1. synergy2

synergy2 New Member

Hey guys (and girls),

So, I am rather new. I just bought D20 and had some questions. My main question is: where can I find some maps for free? I can't seem to find any good ones.

My second question is: how do I know if Fog of War is correctly enabled? I read the tutorial but is there a way to be sure its working?

Thanks for any and all replies

2. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

I have had a lot of luck just using Google image search. Just enter something like "d&d forest map" and under "search tools" set the size to "large." I have even had a lot of luck finding maps for specific adventures already created (e.g. Sunless Citadel, Temple of Elemental Evil, etc.).

As for FoW, I usually open a second instance of D20Pro as a player and use it for session logging and FoW verification. Sometimes during a game it's hard to tell what players can & can't see.