1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Maps made specifically for D20Pro.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyderak, May 14, 2011.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

I was just wondering what the timeline was as to release date of D20Pro Specific Maps from 3rd party Battlemap publishers? Not exactly, just a ballpark number.

2. cyderak

cyderak Member

Is this going to be happening sometime soon or should I rely completely on whatever I can find on the net?

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Even if the d20pro team were to promise, cross their hearts and hope to die, to have this feature out tomorrow . . . I wouldn't rely on it. Software development and deadline promises are like oil and water, regardless of how well intentioned they are. Do what you can to satisfy your own needs while you wait, I say. Just my opinion. :)

4. cyderak

cyderak Member

Thats pretty much an understood.
    I'm just trying to keep the interest in it fresh on their minds.
    If they don't get to it, they don't get to it.

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

It is in the works.

Glad to hear you guys are still talking about it.

6. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met cyderak,

Thanks for the interest in official maps and other content built and optimized for d20Pro. This is our number one priority right now.

Daeruin's wisdom is sage. Software can be trixy and false so it will be released when it's released. In the meantime yes I would continue to hammer in your own content and look for other users on the forums who would share with you.

Expect more information to be released soon. We expect to have something groundbreaking out by GenCon...

7. cyderak

cyderak Member

8. Truwen

Truwen Member

I am interested in these. But I am concerned the maps might be too small for what I am doing. What is your experience with these maps?

9. cyderak

cyderak Member

These maps works excellent with D20Pro.

Best I've come across.

10. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I also went and purchased these maps, I've made some of them in d20Pro with a smaller grid (so each square on the map represents 10ft). The products with the online posters images (for online VTT programs) is very nice, just select the image and say ok - or change the size of the grid, if you want each square on the map to represent 10 feet.

11. Truwen

Truwen Member

I just purchased 2 bundle sets. And am very very pleased with what I am seeing. I was at first concerned as I posted earlier, but adjusting the grid size to make the tiles seem much larger (15 foot squares) does exactly what I want. Makes the rooms seem large in scale to the characters. It is very nice. I think some of the bigger maps I will go with 10 foot tiles. That seems more feasible.

I am also curious if you guys use the Isometric maps. They are way cool, but kind of awkward the way the grid is with them. Still, I really like the Isometric maps, they give a nice sense of dungeon "level" (ups and downs).

Thanks for the suggestions, I love these maps.