1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Marker Enhancements

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by HippyCraig, Apr 4, 2019.

1. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I had two ideas I would like to see:
    1. Something in the options menu to set the hover time for markers to display a popup, with an option to set it to not popup at all, maybe if it was set to 0 or some sort of checkbox. I think this would be handy as I am making some maps and having the marker in the middle of the room helps identify which belongs there, but it gets in the way of combat constantly popping up being in the middle of the room. I have had to put them on the side for now but that makes it difficult to identify the rooms if its a cavern for example. Or even make that some kind of setting in the individual marker. That might make sense there instead and just have a global default value in the options if at all.
    2. I would like the ability to select multiple markers at once and either lock or unlock, show or hide.
    Thanks

#1 HippyCraig, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. Blueter

Blueter Member

totally feel you on this one. That said you could change from marker to tile and then make the tile invisible, no pop up that way. True you can't put information on a tile like you can marker but if it's a pit or just the DM's view of a room vs the players view it won't matter.

3. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

Thanks but that's just a work around there are other advantages of using markers that would be lost, adding text to chat, launching triggers. Most people will think to look at markers before going to a tile if I made something to sell on the marketplace.

4. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I haven't heard back on this maybe this will make it a little clearer, I was hoping to see something like this, the box highlighted in red.

If the box is checked then the on hover would work maybe a drop down selection for the amount of seconds you have to hover for it to show. But this would give the option to not have it display on a marker by marker basis. This would eliminate the problem of having the on hover text get in the way if you like to place your markers in the room. Also setting a time would help this alone say I have to hover for more than 5 seconds to get it to pop up would help when navigating the map.

Also I would like the ability to select multiple markers at once and either lock or unlock, show or hide. most of the other tools provide this and it seems to be missing here.

Marker Mock Up.png