1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft surface and d20pro ui size

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dreyson, Feb 2, 2016.

1. dreyson

dreyson New Member

I recently installed D20pro on a Surface pro 4 and due to the resolution size the program's icons are very small and hard to read/navigate. I can adjust the desktop resolution and this "fixes" it but then I have to change it back everytime I'm done.

I'd like to see the option to adjust the UI size/Icon size, or run the program in fullscreen at a resolution I change.

I'm assuming there is not currently a way to do either? Please let me know if I'm wrong. I enjoy the product, just hoping to find a different way of being able to use it on my surface.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I could be wrong (I don't have a touch display), but doesn't the check box for 'Oversized interface' do what you are looking for? it's on the second launcher screen where you select your campaign.

Attached Files:

3. dreyson

dreyson New Member

Hi Krilion, thanks for the reply.

I tried that option and as far as I can tell doesn't do anything, or if it does it's nothing I can see readily apparent. I tried it with both the keyboard attached (desktop mode) as well as without (tablet mode) and nothing changed. Everything was still too small to be functional.

Thanks.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

The "Oversize Interface Elements (Touch)" checkbox at Host a Game will increase the corner size so it's easier to resize windows using touch screens. I usually just keep this selection on regardless if I'm on a touchscreen or not.

[​IMG]

Regarding the interface buttons, those are set to 50 pixels for the D20PRO menu and 30 pixels for the others. So I can see if you have a relatively small screen (12.3-inch) using a high resolution (1920 x 1080) those buttons would be relatively small (0.28 inches and 0.17 inches respectfully), requiring use of the supplied Surface Pen.

I would attempt to use NirCmd (a freeware tool that works with Windows 10/8/7/Vista) and one of the uses is that you can change resolution with a simple one line command - which you can add to your D20PRO.bat file such as (or whatever resolution works best for you):
    Code:
    nircmd.exe setdisplay 1024 768 32
    Then create a shortcut on the desktop to change the display back to your preferred setting. Or, if you change resolutions for other apps, you could simply have them as shortcuts on your desktop (or where ever you'd like).