1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

missing widgets on opening screen

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by tex, Jan 16, 2011.

1. tex

tex New Member

I get this screen on program launch of 2.3.0 full version, which based on all my friends is incorrect:

It seems to be missing some bits that let me try the program without registering nor logging in?

I've got Windows XP, SP2, Java 7 on a 32-bit netbook. It seems to be the same problem regardless of whether I run d20pro.exe directly or through the batch file.

Sorry if this is a known bug.

Attached Files:

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This looks like the screen you would get if you deleted all the licenses including the guest player license. You could correct this by reinstalling the software. If you still are unable to login and download your paid license or see the guest player login after reinstalling let us know.

3. tex

tex New Member

Okay; tried that, same result. After the reinstall I looked in the licenses directory of C:\Program Files\MindGene\d20Pro and see a file named:

license_Guest(d20Pro_Player_2.0.0).txt

Just for clarity's sake, I haven't tried to register or login; I've only looked at that one screen.

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met tex,

I've contacted you directly to diagnose and resolve this problem.

5. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met gamers,

Turns out that the Java7 was the culprit here, for no good reason that I can explain at the moment. In the meantime, please run d20Pro with Java6 for best results! :roll: