1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Monk attacks

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by vanith, Nov 27, 2011.

1. vanith

vanith Member

I have everything setup within the program except for Flurry of blows. Is there a way to modify the attacks to accomplish this? Or do I have to setup some sort of weird different set of attacks to accomplish this? (ie: Flurry of Blows (attacks 1&2) then another weapon to do attacks 3 & 4)

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

For my monks I set up a Flurry attack chain so I can add the extra attacks as needed and the modifiers. Works really good once entered.

3. vanith

vanith Member

It is good to hear that it can be done, but I was looking for a how-to guide to do so because it wasn't really apparent from looking at the choices. I see the +6/+1 selection in the attack tab, but that doesn't help at all. How do you modify that area to allow you to get attacks that you want? I noticed that some of the monsters have the ability to do 5 claw attacks at the same attack bonus, but it wasn't really clear how that was configured. I looked through the forums and didn't see any helpful guides on how to setup such things when dealing with the attacks.

4. Montis

Montis New Member

Select the appropriate attack and duplicate it. If it's got the same stats, it will be listed under the same "weapon", as an additional attack.

So basically at first level you create an attack at -1 to hit (-2 for flurrying and +1 for BAB +1), set up the damage and then duplicate it.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Something that looks like this for an attack:
    [​IMG]

This is how it's setup in the Attack Tab:
    [​IMG]
    Note: If the name of the attack is identical it will treat it as the same attack line.

Now the trivia:
    1) What level Monk is my example?
    2) What is this Monk's DEX Modifier?
    3) What causes the d6 acid damage from each attack?

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

Trivia answers

1) Due to the 3 flurry attacks he is either 6th or 7th level.

2) If sized medium must have a monk's robes to get the 2d6 damage and would also have to be 7th level. Thus would require a dex of 20.
    If sized large could get the 2d6 damage at both 6th and 7th level. 6th level large would have dex 22 while 7th level large would have a dex of 20.

3) Amulet of mighty fists Acidic is one way.

7. vanith

vanith Member

The last bit about the attack being the same name was the key that i needed to solve my issue because i wanted everything to be on the same line without having to select multiple attack buttons when i go through the declare phase. Thanks everyone!!

8. ogexam

ogexam Member

Here is my 18th level monk.

When I use ki attack I just submit a second attack using just the first flurry button for that attack. Things were getting to crowded for the ki attack.

Attached Files:

9. vanith

vanith Member

I choose the Martial Artist variation, so I don't get any of the Ki abilities, so I dropped a lot of those options based on back story. I really appreciate the feedback that I have been getting on this forum and that's why I keep coming back!