1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Windows outside d20Pro parent window

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Kizan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I would like to request the ability to move windows like Descion, Chat and all the others outside the parent d20Pro window. I use multi-monitors and would like to place those windows on my other monitor so that they aren't covering up the battle map while trying to play.

Especially having the chat window large and always visible is very very useful. Having Init and some of the other not covering the main screen would be great too.

Thanx,

Kizan

2. Vision9000

Vision9000 Member

I have multiple monitors too, and without maximizing the main window, I stretch it onto the other monitor, then move whichever windows I want over there.

If you are configured to stretch the view space and can expand d20Pro across more than one monitor, this might be an interim solution?

3. Kizan

Kizan New Member

It's absolutely a good stop gap solution. Wish I'd thought of it. The only reason it's not a full solution is that it will cover up Skype and some of that type of stuff that I have running on the other monitor. But it should work great for now.

Thanx,

Kizan

4. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

What Vision suggested is also how I do things. We've had a request for this a couple times in the past but it hasn't made it into active development yet.

On an unrelated note, I just want to say "Thanks" Kizan for all the suggestions. One of the things I love most about Con season is the influx of suggestions and comments we get from new users. Not only do we get more features to consider adding, we also wind up revisiting parts of d20Pro that increase the learning curve (or are just plain wonky) which helps us work out better ways to do things.

5. Kizan

Kizan New Member

OK, I ran into a problem with this method and my hardware setup. The suggested solution worked fine at work on my rig with side-by-side monitors, but at home I have a main monitor with a second "above" it. I was able to stretch the window across the monitors (although the difference in the monitor sizes made it such that I "lose" some working space). The problem is that I somehow "lost" the bottom of some dialog boxes. I opened up a map from the library and everything was fine I went to close the map and the bottom of the dialog disappeared into the "bottom" of the bottom/main monitor. I had to press cancel, resize the window back to the main monitor and then I could close the map out.

See attached pic.

Thanx,

Kizan

Attached Files:

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. This is a good feature request. Or at least an ability to move/re-size the window when it appears to take up more space than the monitor displays.

What you are experiencing Kizan, is the reason why I have 3 monitors in the horizontal (using 1.5 monitors for the d20Pro window), and also a second instance of d20Pro as a Player in my 4th, upper, monitor (so I know what the players see, and debug some things).

7. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Yeah, I may have to do something like that setup. At home I just don't have the space to spread out horizontally.

Thanx,

Kizan