1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple campaigns and creating new content.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigkilla, Oct 11, 2010.

1. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

OK here is my situation. I run the same campaign for 2 different groups, keeping each campaign in separate campaign folders. My question is what is the easiest way when creating new content, maps, handout, NPC's and such to get it into each campaign folder?

Does copying and pasting the relevant folders( mainly the stored folder with the maps creatures and handouts folders)from one to the other work fine?

Do I need to go through and create my new maps NPC's ans stuff separately for each?

Do I export the files after i make them for one then import them to the other?

I'm just looking for whatever option is easiest and quickest.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

I would suggest creating the maps in one of the campaigns and populate it with all the creatures required then exporting that map.

Open the 2nd campaign and import the map. Then select any new creatures you created and save them to the library.

That is the safest and easiest way to do it.

3. NayusDante

NayusDante New Member

I'd suggest using THREE folders. One is your master Campaign Setting workspace, and the other two are your "live" copies.

4. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Yeah that worked great.