1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple Questions from a New User

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UndeadDan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. UndeadDan

UndeadDan Member

Howdy all,

Just had my first successful test of the d20Pro VTT with one of my players.

We were both pretty satisfied, especially in light of some of the other VTTs we have used.

Some questions came up though:
    - Is there any way for players to see their attack rolls before the Judge processes them?
    - Is there any indicator on the player screen of the current state of the game (combat vs free-move) other than the notice in the Game Log?
    - Can uploaded PCs ever be imported into the local Library or do they only exist on the roster and map?
    - Are there any plans to have the "Announce" function pop up as a dialog rather than just showing up in the game log?
    - Are there any plans to increase that precision of the Fog of War feature? I would really like to have an option to reveal part of a square instead of all or nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

Hi. While I am just a satisfied user and my comments don't mean anything. I can answer a couple of your questions.

Improving FoW is something they want to do.

Creatures (and items) on the map can be added to your library as follows:

Right click on the creature or item
    Highlight the "Location" field
    Choose save creature or save items
    Click they yes button

Multiple creatures/Items can be selected at once, although there is a separate "yes" click required for each (Possibility of a "Yes to all" feature in the future.

As of now, the "Announce" feature isn't "all that". I recommend giving serious consideration to the handout feature. One of the recent posts (Either in feature requests or General Support) should provide solid information on how to best make use of "Handouts"

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

First off, thanks for trying out d20Pro and I hope you come to love it as we have.

Second, Thurgian your comments mean a lot. It says a lot about the product when its users give it praise. We thank you for answering questions when you can and letting people know the feelings from a users persepective.

- Is there any way for players to see their attack rolls before the Judge processes them? No

- Is there any indicator on the player screen of the current state of the game (combat vs free-move) other than the notice in the Game Log? Yes, they see the done button for their turn on the top of the screen being active.

- Can uploaded PCs ever be imported into the local Library or do they only exist on the roster and map? Yes, save them to your library

- Are there any plans to have the "Announce" function pop up as a dialog rather than just showing up in the game log? No plans at this time. As suggested look into the handouts feature.

- Are there any plans to increase that precision of the Fog of War feature? I would really like to have an option to reveal part of a square instead of all or nothing. We plan on doing updates to FoW but when is unknown. Currently we are set with a cell based map which uses templates set up by DND rules. So no partial squares, so there are no questions of "well it is only covering me a little do I need to make a save?" We are looking at true FoW, and dynamic FoW in the future.