1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

My personal list of important features to add

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Karlgamer, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Karlgamer

Karlgamer New Member

Let abilities apply a status to a token. Have those statuses removed when the effects that apply them are removed.

Let abilities be attached to attacks.

"Add Diced" for everything, not just HP.

Change "Add Diced" to "add effect"?

Remove the separate tabs and just have one area.
    Click "Add Diced" and the first drop down will be "Attack, Ability, AC.. etc." Each additional drop down can be grayed out until you pick the one preceding it. Have a drop down for "bonus, mod, penalty", allow people to type in dice expressions and modifiers.
    Use regular expression to parse it.
    String pattern = "^\s*([+-]?)\s*(\d{1,3})\s*[dD]\s*(\d{1,3})\s*(([+-])\s*(\d+))?\s*$";
    String diceExpress "-3d6 +12";
    MATCH FORMATION:
    1. [0-1] `-`
    2. [2-3] `3`
    3. [6-7] `6`
    4. [8-12] `+12`
    5. [8-9] `+`
    6. [10-12] `12`

Add non-lethal damage.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

your speaking my language. we are working on something very similar to your suggestion as part of the new rules plugin system.

in a nut shell, you'll have a feature's section in the library where you can load up rules to share with your players. these include spell effects, special abilities, custom attacks, and more.

I'm going to refrain from going too far in depth on this as we're still working out some of the details.