1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Need help: direct damage spell + save + template...

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Coopernicus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Can anyone show me the step by step to setting up a spell (ala fireball/lightning bolt) so I can always have it on the ready? Thanks!

2. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Anyone? Is there a way to do this so everyone under a template has to make the appropriate save and takes the appropriate damage?

Thanks

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Well, I cannot give pics at the moment, but here goes.

When you have the effects tab open, either by clicking the Spell or hitting "X", you can build the effect (I am sure you know this already).
    For Elemental damage lie a Fireball, you go to the HP Tab and select "Add Diced". Here you change the Damage dice and effect (Fire in this case from normal).
    Next you go down and check the box for Save and set the proper conditions( DC, Save Type ad result- Save for Half-).
    Now, you see at the top of the window is a Save and Load button. Hit the Save Button. It will pop up a Name box. I suggest you Identify the Spell and the CL so you can have multiple damage/save categories, but keep it semi-generic. Do not get bogged down with a different entry for every DC, Keep a few around and audit them as you need on the fly, or have 100, your option. Anyway, once you have named it, hit OK and the next time you need the effect, hit the Load Button and your saved effect will come up for use.

As for the template, when you click the "Click to Target" Box, then select the appropriate template (20' Burst" and place it. That will select all who will be in the spell effect.

Hope that helps.

4. Zandel

Zandel New Member

I am trying to follow these directions, but I don't get any templates in the target box, am i missing something?

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Templates are in the drop down D20Pro Icon (top Left Corner) under Game Tools. Window will open, one of the tabs on that window has the templates for Burst, cone, etc. Click the temp;late you want after selecting "Click to Target" in the spell/effect box and you will place the template and it will select all in the area and show in the Target box of the Spell/Effect. You can then go into that box and remove creatures you do not want included, if that is the case.

I hope tha meks sense, as it is the day after DragonCon, and I am not 100% ;)

6. Zandel

Zandel New Member

It does thanks