1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

NeonCon 2010 - Thanks d20Pro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Theocrat, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Theocrat

Theocrat New Member

Hi all -
    I'm Theocrat Issak, Venture-Captain of the Las Vegas Lodge of the Pathfinder Society.
    I play General Goldfrapp the Taldoran Trebuchet (It's actually less space to type this out than it is to list all his classes), a member of the Pathfinder Society.
    d20Pro was there supporting NeonCon 2010 at the Tropicana this past 4 days. What an awesome time. I actually watched the demo - not that I needed it (as I've played in a couple of the games hosted by d20Pro) - and enjoyed how they described their product. I saw several Pathfinder and 4e players watching demo's using their software and the integration with HeroLab and the general feel that d20Pro offered.
    Thanks for coming out to the show. Thanks for showing both major RPG gaming systems and how easy they are to use for an online gaming format. I don't get a chance to play in our Pathfinder Society Online Collective as much as I did in the past (but will do so more in November and December) - but knowing that there is another option out there besides MapTools and Table TopRPG for people to use is most excellent.
    I also want to say that not only did d20Pro support the show by being a vendor - they supported the show by adding their product into the Bag of Holding (x4). The Bag of Holding (visit ThinkGeek.com to get one) had a ton of Paizo products (all 4 of the hardbacks), Necromancer Games book, dice, and a lot of other things - most importantly it had a HeroLab license and a GM + 2 user License for d20Pro. Offering their product for free to four gamers (chosen by their peers) shows the support that d20Pro is doing to further their product but also the gaming community as a whole.
    Thank you Nick for your support at the Con. Thanks for coming around to the various tables and offering help where it was needed.
    As the co-coordinator for PFS at NeonCon 2010 - I've go an idea now for 2011. I'm hoping you'll be there and we can work out a d20Pro / PFS gaming session - up on the projector. Run a couple mods with the d20Pro software and see how that works. But we've got a year to look into it and I hope to use d20Pro in the upcoming weeks / months and get more familiar with it.
    Thanks,
    Theocrat Issak
    Venture-Captain
    Las Vegas Lodge

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hi Theocrat,

It was great to see you and finally put a face to your great picture of your PFS character. Thanks a million for the nice words. We are gamers ourselves and it is a pleasure to see another gamer (especially a gamer, gm, active member of the PFS) give us a shout out like this. NeonCon was wonderful and another learning experience for us. We are already looking forward to NeonCon 2011 and really excited about getting on the same page with you.

We truly believe in our mantra of "by gamers, for gamers" and will continue to support shows like NeonCon, Origins, DragonCon, GenCon, and more. With continued support and help from gamers like yourself it makes it so much easier to continue to support these shows as well as updates / advancements / fixes to the software.

Best regards and happy gaming,

Nick

ps - please feel free to contact me whenever you are ready to "level up" your d20Pro skills and run some games for our fellow gamers either online or at any convention.

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Theocrat,

Great meeting you at NeonCon. I look forward to gaming with you at future conventions and online as well!