1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

New Campaign Starting in 2012

Discussion in 'D&D 3.X Edition' started by jrthom1, Dec 23, 2011.

1. jrthom1

jrthom1 New Member

Greetings Gamers!

I will be hosting a campaign for up to 6 players using the 3.5 DnD Rules Set. We will start at level 1 and progress above 20. I have DMing table experience with my current group. In January, I am leaving the group on a temporary basis due to work and school. The group is changing meeting times from Monday to Saturday due to school obligations of the house of the person we go to. My work schedule prevents me from attending on Saturday (unless I am scheduled off). We are a good group that has met for over 3 years, which is great for a gaming group. Good friends who get together and enjoy a game experience is the essence of Dungeons and Dragons. I have made many good friends as a result of Dungeons and Dragons.

The back story of my campaign is derived from several second edition modules and campaign settings. Those who have played second edition would recognize similarities. The goal of my campaign group is to help restore the kingdom after the death of the king. The prince is missing and the king's death is the result of a curse. There is Divine Intervention in my campaign and will be a challenge for new and old players. Expect the unexpected with me as a DM.

I will have a list of approved books for character creation purposes and will be posting them here. Some of the books are 3.0 books with 3.5 errata updates. Each book I use will use an official WOTC errata update (available from their website).

As I learn how to use D20PRO, which I am still new to using, all characters should be created using preferred methods of players. I have a Judge License with 6 Guest slots. I also have Hero Lab. These characters should be sent to me via email in PDF format at the start of the campaign. If you have Etools (or Hero Lab), you can send me the character file for approval. I will have a list of requirements in a future post that includes my table rules. I will also use a voice chat service either TeamSpeak or Ventrilo.

When I feel more comfortable using D20PRO's character system, each person must have a printout of the character. This will only be temporary. This is my first virtual DM attempt so I am learning the features of D20PRO with a combination of the old style.

I hope to start by the end of January 2012. This will give me time to set a day and time frame for the campaign. Most likely, it will be on Mondays from 9pm until midnight EST. I live in South Carolina USA.

If anyone is interested, please reply to this post. Please ask questions. My next post will include a list of approved books and game requirements.

Thanks!

James

2. Thraxas

Thraxas New Member

Greetings James,

I am also trying to get a game going, but I also am interested in finding a game to play in as well. I am sure you have seen my posts, so I wont go into unnecessary details. I have a Judge and 6 slots as well, but do not have Hero Lab or Etools. I am capable of making a PDF. I generally use http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm to create my characters, then transfer them to a PDF character sheet. I am new to the D20Pro setup as well, and have figured out most of the DM stuff, but still need improvement on how to use their character sheets... (casting spells, etc...)

I am in Paducah, Kentucky so I'm in the Central time zone which is only an hour difference. I also am retired, and write historical fantasy in my spare time, so I have plenty of time to play, and any day of the week except Sunday works for me.

Needless to say I am interested, and will be watching for your next post. I have just about every 3.5 and many other editions of the D&D books in PDF form and all the major ones in hard-copy. Do you have a website? Mine is located here... http://www.d20rpgwizards.info/. The site can tell you anything you need to know about me and my Gaming Guild.

If you need help with anything just ask, and as far as questions go, I would like to know a bit more about your campaign. Will you be posting the maps, a more in-depth history, etc...?

Hope to hear back from you...

David M Dean

3. jrthom1

jrthom1 New Member

Greetings David!

Thanks for the reply. With the holiday season so hectic, I had to put the campaign design on hold. I wrote the campaign story line for my current group (table sessions). So I am converting that to the online version. I have a majority of the 3.5 books in hard copy format with the rest in PDF. Ebay has been a good friend with regard to these books. My plan is to get them all.

Let me answer some questions you and others may have. I do not have a website yet. I do plan on getting one.

Campaign Story Line

My campaign takes place after the Council of Wyrms. The Campaign Option Council of Wyrms (second edition DND) offers many campaign arcs with what is written in the book. If you have this book, you will recall that the dragons were fighting each other constantly. The dragon species was near its end due to the capabilities of a human army. This army was taught by Io (the Ninefold Dragon) to build weapons and armor suitable for destroying the dragons (metallic, gem, and chromatic). The only way to destroy this army was for the dragons to unite, which they did. This is the back story of my campaign. Humanoids, with the desire to live, fled the Dragon Isles and formed a new empire. The campaign starts 1,000 years after the forming of the new empire. The empire had good centuries and bad.

I reference two more second edition books here. One is the Destiny of Kings adventure and the other is the Ruined Tower Fast Play game. The adventure party picks up here in the city. The party members have been old friends and are called into service to explore a crypt. When they return, they discover the empire is in mourning following the death of the reigning king. During the empire's 1,000 existance, there are trials and tribulations that come to light. There is also a curse that comes true.

My next post should include my requirements.

4. Thraxas

Thraxas New Member

Greetings James,

I understand James. You know how to reach me if you need to. I am very interested in playing, and though I do not know much about the campaign you refer to, I do have all of the titles you mentioned. So, I guess I had better break out those dusty tomes and study up. At least it gives me something to do in the meantime. I will stand by and wait for your next requirements post. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Oh, by the way, I just purchased Hero Lab and should have it in a couple days from Amazon.

David

5. Ayme

Ayme New Member

Hello,
    I am very interested in joining your campaign. The group that I play with, I am the DM and do not get playing time. I DM on saturdays, so Mondays would not be a conflict. I do have a player account for d20pro and would not be taking up a guest slot. Please consider me as one of your players.

6. Thraxas

Thraxas New Member

Greetings James,

Moved over to Inferno and if you still are interested, hit me up there. http://www.infrno.net. Have 3 players now and still have some slots.

Greetings!

We are looking for 1 or 2 more players who want to play in a long term 3.5 Forgotten Realms Campaign using the D20Pro virtual tabletop game system.

ABOUT THE GAME:
    The Wayfarer's Usurping Destiny

System: D&D 3.5
    Genre: Forgotten Realms Campaign

About this game

Welcome to the world of Faerûn, a place of great heroes and stark evil, encompassing lands of magic, mystery, and high peril.

Bold knights dare the crypts of dead monarchs, seeking glory and treasure. Insolent rogues prowl the dank alleyways of ancient cities, plotting their next exploit. Devout clerics wield mace and spell, questing against the terrifying powers that threaten the land. Cunning wizards plunder the ruins of fallen empires, delving fearlessly into secrets too dark for the light of day. Dragons, giants, black-hearted villains, demons, savage hordes, and unimaginable abominations lurk in horrible dungeons, endless caverns, ruined cities, and the vast wild places of the world, thirsting for the blood of heroes.

This is the land of Faerûn, a continent of heart-stopping beauty and ages-old evil. It is your land to shape, to guide, to defend, to conquer, or to rule. It is a land trod by noble heroes and unredeemable villains, a great and terrible company to which you and your fellows now belong.

GAME INFORMATION:

The storyline introduction to the start of the campaign is located at The D20 RPG Gaming Guild located at, http://www.d20rpgwizards.info/forgotten_realms.html. Our forum has all the details regarding character creation, system requirements, and etc... We hope to welcome you to our campaign, make your acquaintance, and enjoy many hours of gaming pleasure.

I am hoping to begin this campaign on January 13th at 5 PM. This is only if I have at least 4 registered players. If we do not find four, I will spend that time setting up characters, and answering questions. This game campaign WILL NOT begin until we have found 4 players. I will postpone the game to the following Friday until I have found 4 players. Now, I am open to changing the day or time. The only day I will not game is on Sundays.

Thanks David Dean

7. jrthom1

jrthom1 New Member

David,

I am still interested. I am working this Friday from 3-9pm EST so I will not be able to connect until I get off work. I am still fuzzy on FR classes. My favorite class to play is the cleric, specialized in healing and undead destroying. What do you recommend as far as a cleric relationship/conversion with a diety of Pelor to FR since Pelor is not a FR diety.

James

8. jrthom1

jrthom1 New Member

Ayme,

I would love to have you in the campaign. So far, I have three players including David, and a friend from an old group. I am still putting together fine details regarding character creation and the list of approved books. Hopefully, I will get that posted tomorrow. My goal is to start the campaign at the end of the month. Mondays will most likely be the day, but not set in stone.

James

9. Ayme

Ayme New Member

Well, unless something drastic changes....count me in.

10. Thraxas

Thraxas New Member

James,

Depending on the time, I may have a conflict on Mondays since I am running my game at Infrno on Mondays. We play from 2 PM CST till 6PM. If your time doesn't conflict with that, still count me in.

11. Michaeljohn

Michaeljohn New Member

I am running my game at Infrno on Mondays. We play from 2 PM CST till 6PM. If your time doesn't conflict with that, still count me in.