1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

New Campaigns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordValerius, Oct 26, 2011.

1. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Ok, dumb question, but would rather have folks chide me for asking it than lose all my work....Simply put, I want to create a new campaign in D20Pro but leave the current one in it's current state....By hitting the Create Campaign button during launch, will it create a separate campaign and not mess with my current one?

Thanks!

Val

2. ChrisRevocateur

From what I understand, when you hit the new campaign button, it creates a new blank campaign and does not touch any of your existing campaigns.

Note that the new campaign will be blank, as in the classes.txt, feats.txt, skills.txt, and spells.txt files being completely empty. No SRD creatures. No sample maps. No images. Nothing. You're better off going into the directory, copying the OGL 3.5 campaign file and pasting it in the exact same folder with the name of your new campaign. When you start up d20Pro again, it will give the new folder as an option in the campaign drop down box.

3. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Thank you for confirming my suspicions...I just wanted to be sure before I did it..Didn't want to lose my spot in the current campaign. And copying over was my plan...

Thanks again!

Val

4. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

I usually go to the campaign directory for D20Pro and make a copy of the folder I want to save unchanged and rename it. Then when you load D20Pro the backed up campaign and the one you want to use will be displayed in the campaign list.

C:\Program files\Mindgene\D20pro\judge\campaigns\

Screenshot of D20Pro Launcher

Hope this helps.

-Caraldur

Attached Files: