1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

New Character Generator - INKARNATE

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by cyderak, Aug 27, 2012.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

I saw this project on Kickstarter and after reading all the info and watching the pitch video I am very excited to see the end product.

I also spoke to the Inkarnate guys at GenCon and they said they were probably going to switch from a subscription fee system to another system because of feedback from players who would like to see another revenue model.

[​IMG]

Heres the overview:
    InKarnate is a video-game-like interface for playing the world's most popular fantasy RPG. This fully-integrated web application frees GMs and players from tedious number-crunching and stat-tracking, so more time is spent weaving epic tales of saving the world and exploring dark, deadly dungeons. InKarnate also helps you visualize your adventures with character portraits, item portraits in an equip screen, custom made maps, and more. With InKarnate, our goal is to make it easier and more fun for you and your friends to sit around a table and role-play. Here are the key features we are currently building for our launch product:
    •CREATE AND RUN CHARACTERS--Roll characters in minutes. Pick a portrait, select skills, and equip your PC with illustrated items. Then run your character with the playable character sheet while the rules are calculated under the hood.
    •BUILD INTERACTIVE MAPS--Create world, wilderness, city, and dungeon maps. Then link them all together to quickly and easily navigate through your entire campaign.
    •LIVE EPIC CAMPAIGNS--Run your games in a shared, virtual space around a physical table or over the internet. Roll dice (or input physical rolls if you prefer), place character tokens, and more.

[​IMG]

The $100,000 funding goal will allow us to deliver the features above with a target date of August, 2013. If we can raise additional money, estimated at $200,000, then we will also deliver:
    •WRITE GRAND ADVENTURES-Writing and organizing simple encounters or epic dungeon crawls has never been easier. You'll be able to bring in and edit encounters, monsters, treasure, and NPCs, write descriptive text, and link encounter keys digitally to your maps for easy navigation.
    •UPGRADED VIRTUAL GAMESPACE-- Put a party together and run your game virtually. Reward treasure, reveal maps slowly as they are explored, tie into the adventure editor to easily scan and run encounters, and much more.
    •ADDITIONAL RULE SETS AND CONTENT--This one is self-explanatory. The more funding we receive, the more cool features, new rule sets, and art we can add to make the app even better.

[​IMG]

We already have the first of these components--the Character Creator--up and running and so we can share some specifics on its features:
    •InKarnate currently supports the 3.5 rule set of the original medieval fantasy role playing game. We hope to add other rule sets in the future.
    •As a web app, InKarnate will run on all major browsers and platforms: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc., and will work on PCs, Macs, iPads, and Android Tablets. InKarnate has not yet been optimized for smartphones, although this is a feature we are currently working on.
    •The Character Creator allows you to roll up heroes from any of the core classes and races in a quick and intuitive manner. Choose a portrait and equip illustrated items as you prepare to slay dragons and dungeon delve.
    •With the flexible, Playable Character Sheet, keep track of every bit of information related to your character. Roll initiative, skill checks, damage, etc., while rules are calculated for you. Memorize and access spell information from your spellbook. Buy new items and goods and add them to your inventory.

I highly recommend investing in this Kickstarter.

Heres the site:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1720821324/inkarnate-rpg-toolset?ref=email

Heres some screen shots of InKarnate:

Stat Rolling Screen

[​IMG]

Chose Race Screen

[​IMG]

Chose Class Screen

[​IMG]

Chose Feats Screen

[​IMG]

Chose Spells Screen

[​IMG]

Chose Items Screen

[​IMG]

Sample Character Sheet

[​IMG]

Works on Several Different Platforms

[​IMG]

Looks Phenominal!

2. ChrisRevocateur

So they're trying to be Hero Lab, Realm Works/Obsidian Portal, Dundjinni, and d20Pro all integrated together, and working on multiple platforms.

If they get full support (and not just core rules) for Pathfinder, like Hero Lab, and their rules integration is at least on par, or preferably better, than d20Pro, then once they get it all together, I'm switching. It's not worth it to me to abandon Hero Lab, Realm Works, Dundjinni, and d20Pro, unless it's something that is ALL of them (with all the requisite features) and integrates them all together.

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

Your right.......If they got all that to work well together then i'd definitely get on board.

Hell, I'd even get InKarnate just for the Character generator alone because the interface is way more user friendly than herolab.

I use herolab live on my laptop when we play around the game table and i hate having to search their tabs for info.

Hopefully inkarnate takes off.

It'd be great to have a digital character sheet right there in front of you at the game table.

4. cyderak

cyderak Member

The guys over at the InKarnate camp have posted an update Post-GenCon.

Here it is quoted from their Kickstarter site:

UPDATE: After feedback from Gencon we've decided PF(Pathfinder) RPG will be the next rule set we support.
    Also, we're going to offer up the Character Creator, Map Builder, Adventure Editor, and Campaign Tracker as components that are purchased for a one-time fee (each sold separately) instead of making it only accessible via subscription.

:ugeek:

5. Entola

Entola Member

Not a fan of the subscription. Rather be able to purchases it. I'm concerned that the will nickle and dime each of the different module.

6. cyderak

cyderak Member

Well the InKarnate guys said they were just releasing the current business model because they needed one to initiate the KickStarter for Inkarnate.

I'll reserve judgement until the final product is released and the business model is solidified.

:D

7. cyderak

cyderak Member

8. cyderak

cyderak Member

9. cyderak

cyderak Member

Check out this cool Dragon bust sculpture you get for donating to the $250 level on the INKARNATE kickstarter site.

[​IMG]

That thing is Killer!

10. cyderak

cyderak Member

11. cyderak

cyderak Member

12. cyderak

cyderak Member

13. cyderak

cyderak Member

Hey guys,

4 days left for INKARNATE on their kickstarter.

One last push to get it funded guys!!!

Even if it doesn't get funded you got nothing to lose because all pledges aren't collected until a kickstarter project reaches its funding goal.

If it does reach its goal, INKARNATE becomes a reality.......its a win-win situation.

Heres the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1720821324/inkarnate-rpg-toolset?ref=email

:D

14. cyderak

cyderak Member

Beta testing starts soon.