1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by MortexJames, Jun 29, 2016.

1. MortexJames

MortexJames New Member

I thought I would try D20Pro for a Wrath of the Righteous campaign I am running. I have spent several hours playing with the program and I am completely lost. I have figured out how to enter a map from a PDF. And how to properly scale it. I figured out how to add walls and doors to the map, but characters can walk through walls. I can not figure out the reveal at all. I made squares in each room, but can not turn them on or off.

I am curious if anyone has already done maps for WotR that I could use. Is there a community depository for user entered content?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Hello Mortex, thanks for giving D20PRO a run around the block... Yes, there is nothing preventing, your players from picking up his token and moving it from one side of the map to the other, except of course the GM (just like at a live table).

There are a few people who post maps of things they do, tho I haven't seen anything with the newer features of D20PRO posted recently.. A lot of this activity happens in small groups and social media rather than here on the forums tho...

Reveal has two distinct modes, if you are using lighting (shadowcasting) and if you are not... if you are not, then toggle your masks to Passive, from Interactive... This will telll D20PRO you just want to use the old method and it will show players what is under the mask whether or not they have lights when you click the fog of war area with the reveal tool.

I'd really suggest hooking up with a group, it can be very helpful, share ideas, learn from the experience of others, trade ideas etc etc..

I'f you'd like to chat with me, I am usually on our group (TCR) TeamSpeak most all the time, or I am on Skype (tho not as regularly).. More details in sig below...

3. kimco

kimco New Member

Watch this video.