1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Not rolling Initiative for hidden monsters.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lucka, Feb 8, 2012.

1. lucka

lucka New Member

First time using d20, love it so far. I want to populate a dungeon in advance, and reveal as my players go through what is upcoming. The issue I am running into is when they encounter the first group of monsters and combat starts, initiate is ran for all monsters. It kinda lets them know whats upcoming when it says "black dragons turn." I am using the trial. so its 3.5 right now, how can I fix this?

Thanks!

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

If the monster is Invisible, the monster will not appear in the Active Roster and will not alert the players when it's their turn. Simply tell your players to "hold a moment" and move the monster (the monster's name and movement will not be recorded in the Player's Game Log - it will display on the Judge's Game Log).

3. lucka

lucka New Member

wont that still cause me to mash space bar over the invis initiative? Is there no way to not have them in combat period?

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member