1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not saving at the right spot.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Ivangosh, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Ivangosh

Ivangosh New Member

I am having a frustrating problem when I close out the game when we have to stop during the middle of a combat. The game is not saving at the right spot. When I open D20 up again it is several rounds before and I have to retrace everything to get back to where I was at. I have done a new clean installation with the latest version and am still having the problem.

2. Ivangosh

Ivangosh New Member

Here's the log file if that helps:

Attached Files:

3. Krilion_GD

Krilion_GD Community Manager
    Staff Member

Looks like it due to a corruption of the game log. I'll ask @owlbear to have a look to confirm that.

If it is the case, you can rename/remove the files;
    gamelog.dat
    gamestate.dat

from the folder;
    /campaigns/<yourcampaignname>/game/

It'll rebuild those but the problem should go away.

4. Ivangosh

Ivangosh New Member

It seems it was caused by a token I used from the marketplace that I altered. As soon as I took it off the map, it stopped logging the error and started saving correctly.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ivangosh. This should be resolvable with an asset update rather than a software update. Can you point me toward the source for your critter?

6. Ivangosh

Ivangosh New Member

I got it off the Selections from the Pathfinder Beastiary. I was using the vampire in this instance, but have had problems with other selections as well. During combat I added traits using the Flow interface and deleted the legacy effects, after which the problem developed.

7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

hrm. can you try to export some of these critters? It may not let you since your sources are from marketplace assets, but it's worth a shot. I'm just trying to determine what might be present that's causing a game log issue.

Are you using custom made features and/or scripts? If so, could you export one or two of these and post them for me to check out?

thanks!