1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Odd Behavior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordValerius, Jan 29, 2012.

1. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Hey folks...

D20Pro has been working real well for our group and we all enjoy using it. However, I seem to have run into a bump in the road and was wondering if anyone had an idea of what might be happening. Up until this point, the program has been working fine for us, as I routinely create and save my maps in jpg format and never go over around 1.9MB in file size....This keeps some semblance of resolution to the maps and also keeps the loading time to a fair minimum.

However, yesterday, I upgraded my Java to some iteration of 1.7...I made the recommended changes to my registry entries for D20Pro and modified the bat file to open my copy of the program. Everything seems to work fine, but during our game last night, we had some weirdness occurring that has not happened before. When changing maps, on several occasions, the maps took a long time (3+ minutes, upload speed is 3MB, which is pretty good) to load...and everyone but my wife (who comes in on the LAN) would at times end up with a loaded map, but it would be solid black...they could see the tokens, but the entire map was black. Then one person would disconnect, and everyone would then be fine, with the map loading properly. I have 7 players and myself logged in at a given time. Everyone is on cable or dsl. Now, I can't preclude that it may have been an Internet issue, but it didn't seem like it. I guess I will have to see if it performs the same way next session, but if anyone has heard of this issue before, please enlighten me. Is it an issue with the changing of my Java and memory allocation sizes and the others not doing the same? Seems unlikely, but I am no Java expert.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

LordV

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

It seems the images weren't sent correctly to those affected players when the map was originally transmitted. There is a slightly different image transmission method used in v3.1 to reduce this occurrence.

For now, there are a couple ways to resend/reload the missing images.
    1 - have the player Options > General Tab > "Attempt GC".
    2 - have the player disconnect and reconnect (close d20Pro, then restart d20Pro and connect).
    2 - have the player delete their d20Pro\player\campaigns directory then reconnect.