1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

One Image path

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Kizan, Sep 9, 2011.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes, I support the 1-Image Path Feature Request.

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No, I like each campaign folder to have a separate pool for images.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I've been doing some map creation and while doing that I've noticed two things. One that Creature, Floor and Items all have their own image folders. I have to keep copying the same file to several locations when I want to use one image for two different things. Example: An image of carpet could be used as all three! Once as a creature (mimic), once as a floor image and once as an item. I have to copy the image to three different places to be able to use it. This sounds like not a big deal, but I have a huge image library and having tons of copies of files floating around is not helpful.

It would be great if all three pulled their initial directory structure from the parent folder of the CTR/FLR/ITEM folder.

Thanx,

Kizan

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

+1.

Yes, this would greatly improve being able to handle multiple campaigns and adventures.

Added a Poll.

3. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Wow! I got a poll and everything!

Kizan

4. Kizan

Kizan New Member

It would also be cool to be able to point my "one path" at my file server. That way if I have several clients on a lan we can all pull from there. Or if I work on maps as a judge I don't have to copy the images around all over the place.

Kizan

5. guildmaster

guildmaster New Member

For maps, I would like those contained in the campaign folder. For creatures, objects, tiles, tokens, I would like those in one place.

6. ChrisRevocateur

Maybe so that people can keep things separated by campaign if they find that simpler, you could make it so that the image path points to one folder no matter the campaign, but in that folder, have folders of images named after each campaign where images uploaded while logged onto that campaign were placed in said folders.