1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Online games for February 2010!?

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by jdharvill, Jan 26, 2010.

1. jdharvill

jdharvill New Member

Dan or anyone willing,

Can we get a couple of 4E modules as one off demos to get some momentum going here?

Is there any interest in trying to get Living Forgotten Realms up on d20pro?

I'm willing to help, but am not yet prepared to GM myself without a bit more time, and a event or two of additional experience!

JD :idea:

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hey JD,

There will be an announcement tomorrow of at least one 4E game running in February, with hopes of more. We are building this up from the ground up, so any help / feedback from the outside is very welcome.

Best,

Nick

3. jdharvill

jdharvill New Member

Nick & Dan,
    I'm going to try to start creating in d20pro the CHAOS SCAR series of encounters from Dragon Magazine each month.
    If I can get enough material together within the next two weeks I might be willing to attempt to DM a couple of them in late February or early March!
    If anyone has already built some or all of those adventures in d20pro please stop me before I duplicate efforts. And, tell me where we should start publishing this material so others can make use of it!
    :D

4. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hey JD,

Please keep me in the loop about you GM'ing capabilities for the monthly games. I will be releasing March's dates in a week or so. If you think you can be ready, you are more than welcome.

Best,

Nick

5. Dragon_wolf

Dragon_wolf New Member

I'm with jdharvill. Would love to try out a game or two to see how the mechanics work with d20pro especially with 4e (since it is definitely well set up for 3.5e) before I jump in to DMing, so any online game or demo would be awesome! System looks great though!

6. jdharvill

jdharvill New Member

I have the first adventure in the Chaos Scar series built, and will play test it with myself over the weekend (any help from you guys would be kewl!

If all goes well, I'll prep a few more of these Dungeon Magazine single adventure modules so that I can begin offering my GM services! :)

jd

7. Dragon_wolf

Dragon_wolf New Member

I can't help much with the mechanics yet - my schedule is a bit chaotic for the next couple weeks - then I will look at it a bit more in depth but I could help with any playtesting depending on day and time. Let me know.

8. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

JHey JD,

I am down to help. I can make a deal with you. I will teach you all d20Pro if you teach me 4E...

Let me know your schedule and we will figure something out. I am available some tomorrow, Sunday evening, and various times throughout next week.

@Dragon_wolf - Daniel can usually run a tutorial most weeknights after 9PM and I can be available at different times of the day most days. Let us know what works best for you and we can see what we can do to give you a run down.

Best,

Nick

9. Dragon_wolf

Dragon_wolf New Member

Thanks I am definitely going to take advantage of it... just as soon as I figure out which way my nose is pointing! I have been puttering with it and having a bit of success, but haven't had more than 15-20 min at a time to look. Things get better AFTER next week when my promotion finally takes effect and I am doing one job instead of 2 (at least so they tell me, and I believe them, really... really I do;).)

10. Dan

Dan Member

I'm running a game this month (see our Online gaming page: http://d20pro.com/online-gaming.php).

I can also run online tutorials over Vent and Vyew, so you can see my GM screen as well as log in as a player. I can do a Q&A session and answer any 4E questions. Just let me know when. I'm available any weeknight, mostly after 9 PM EST.

11. wildknives

wildknives New Member

JD, I would love to play if you GM. And I dont mind mistakes. T

12. jdharvill

jdharvill New Member

Dan & Nick,
    I have published the first in the Dungeon Magazine 4E Chaos Scar series of adventures. (posted to Forum under User Created Content/Chaos Scar Publication BETA.) Please download these and give me feedback... then we can arrange a mini playtest with whoever is available. I am typically available M-W evenings and over the weekends.
    JD

13. Dragon_wolf

Dragon_wolf New Member

JD,

If you get something going let me know I should be available week nights and weekends now. (Promotion yay!) Let me know.