1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Only Generic Images seem to load on Mac

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldCorps, Aug 11, 2010.

1. OldCorps

OldCorps New Member

Hello all,

First off I searched the forums before posting, so I hope I did not miss a "Look here stupid --->" post somewhere. If I did, sorry for the spam (and could you point me to said post).

Anyway..

My group and I are newbs with this engine but most of it seems to be pretty intuitive so far. The only problem we have at the moment though (besides me as the GM saying "uh.. hold on" quite a bit still..) is one of my players never gets the actual images of the maps or npc/PCs etc when I update or push them out to the players. All he sees is a grey checkered map and generic grey and black object icons.

The movement lines show up, chat/dice/seems like everything else is fine except for this. Another player is on the same LAN on his side and he gets everything fine as well. The only inconsistency is he is running a Mac and the rest of us are on PCs so I assume it has something to do with that.

Any suggestions?

We are running d20Pro 2.2.0.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

i am not sure the folder structure for mac is. But try copying your Res folder to thumb drive and pasting it on top of his. you get the generic stuff when you res folders do not match on xp version.

3. OldCorps

OldCorps New Member

I'll ask them to give that a try. It seems like that would make me making custom maps a bit annoying though if I had to email them everything first though.

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

What type of connection does that player have to your computer?

Is it a slow connection?

when you get the grey boxes the image is still be transferred from the judge machine. Check to see if the directories are set to read and write as well.

5. OldCorps

OldCorps New Member

He's on the same LAN as someone who has no issues with graphics.

What we figured out was if he launched the program from the 'disk image' we ended up with the perpetual grey/generic screens. If he launched it from the application bar it worked fine. Now he gets to see all the pretty pictures without running over to his buddies' PC.

I've not used macs since Os9 myself but I figure this might help if someone else has the problem down the line :)

thanks for the ideas all.

6. Dan

Dan Member

Not a mac expert here, but aren't some mac installations in a dmg format? That's basically a zip file if I'm not mistaken. They should make sure that they extract the program to a folder rather than running it from the dmg. I think if it's in the dmg, it's basically read-only, which would prevent images from being transferred and written.

Try extracting it if possible.

7. Dan

Dan Member