1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Open question for d20pro developers: Player Control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coopernicus, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Hey guys,

First off I want to say how much I do like your product. It's a blast to use and adds the next evolution in RPG play, of which you guys are leading the charge.

I would like to ask though, since the product is not there to enforce the rules but to support them, why is it that I can't give player's more control over the character's they "control"?
    Just for the simple fact that it takes me 4x as long to update their characters as it does for them to do. I'd like for them to be able to add weapons, xp, etc. Is it possible to give them this control once they become the "owners" of the characters?

I guess my question is, are there any plans to make it possible to choose how much control we can give to players?

2. Entola

Entola Member

This is the main reason I started to use Hero Labs. I force my players to get me their updates when they level days in advance so I can have their tokens set up in D20Pro. It just takes so long to go through every single tab and make sure all the numbers are correct.

One way around this, if your players have judge license (I know, Players spending money to play!? Crazy! Right!?). They can create their own tokens and export them for you to import into your game. I have a friend that wanted to start a Kingmaker Game, but didn't have all the Hero Labs Licenses for the class I wanted to play. So that's what I did, created him in Hero Labs, imported him to D20Pro and gave my GM the exported file.

If would be nice to have a checkbox in the option menu that says "Trust Players with Full Token Control?"

3. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

THIS - - -^

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

^^^ this works very well AND supports the software :)

They can upload the token to you directly from their client while in game connected to you as host..

5. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

So the people that bought player licenses aren't supporting the software??