1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Openings in 4E DnD Game

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by Cursingmonk, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Cursingmonk

Cursingmonk New Member

I am a DM that has been playing DnD for about 13 years now. I have DMed about 10 of those years. The group I played with has dispersed around the country and we were looking for a way to play online. D20 pro has proven to be a great tool but the group I am with has diminished a bit due to conflicting work schedules. We have decided to open up the slots for others who may be interested in jumping into our campaign.

We are playing on average once every 2-3 weeks and are still a low level group. The players are currently running through a pre-made adventure but I tend to add some of my own flavor as well. We play with most standard rules and I am using simplified combat rules which will expand a bit more as we level up. I am mainly using simplified rules to help my players get used to the 4E system since most of us played 2nd Edition. This game is designed to be new player friendly. The group can currently use any role and I prefer it if people play what they enjoy the most even if it is not numerically the best.

My DM philosophy is a bit different than some others, I play a fairly relaxed game. I present the players with a problem and allow a lot of freedom in offering solutions. The game has a very sandbox feel and I will often times make up on the fly consequences for odd player actions. It really does end up being a lot of fun but it is not always the strictest game so be warned. I allow quite a few rule bends and what not to accommodate the group. I tend to not allow player characters to permanently die but there are consequences associated with every in game action.

If you are interested please send me an email at Cursingmonk@gmail.com. Be sure to include a little about yourself, expectations you have of the game, and your experience level. Currently, our next scheduled event is Thursday Sept 22 at 7:30-11 EST. It may get bumped to the following Thursday depending on player availability. I will plan on working with you one on one before we play so that you can get a feel for how we do everything etc.

2. Cursingmonk

Cursingmonk New Member

We are currently looking for one (maybe 2) more consistent players to add to our group. We prefer a min of 4 players with no more than 7 at the table. Required programs are D20pro (min player license) and skype. I am acting as a player (level 6) in the current adventure and we are only 2 sessions in so now is a great time for an interested player to jump in. We are still new player friendly, however, if you are new you will need to do a lot of reading on your own to catch up with the rules. I am willing to help a little outside of sessions with that sort of thing. We are currently playing every other Sunday from 7:30 EST to around 11 EST. Next session is scheduled for March 25. We have been successfully running the game for around 6 months now and consistent players are always welcome. If you are interested then please email me at Cursingmonk@gmail.com. Include a little about yourself, your experience, what you want to play, and your playstyle.

3. Averix

Averix New Member

Just sent you an email and would love to join into this game.
    Feel free to send a response back.

4. greyyone

greyyone New Member

Looking for another person or two for this campaign. GM has some fantastic new stuff. Contact the gm at cursingmonk@gmail.com or me at shaneevans@bresnan.net for more information. See above posts for more info.

5. wildknives

wildknives New Member

I emailed Cursingmonk about joining. I hope this is still an active group.

6. Cursingmonk

Cursingmonk New Member

Giving this a bump as we have 1-2 slots available. Send an email to Cursingmonk@gmail.com if interested.

7. greyyone

greyyone New Member