1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Oracle spells not showing up

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by SolitonMan, Dec 14, 2011.

1. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Hi, I'm having a problem with the Oracle character I imported from Hero Lab. I've double checked and all of the spells are listed in Hero Lab, and the pdf character sheet I export shows everything correctly. But when I look at the spell tab for the character in d20Pro, two 0-level spells are missing, and the only level 1 spell (of four) showing up is Cure Light Wounds.

I believe I have the correct and latest Pathfinder files employed, I downloaded them from the stickied thread at the top of this forum. I looked at the classes.txt file and the oracle class is defined, as are the correct spells for class (from my cursory examination, I was mostly checking for the spells missing from the character).

I tried to add the spells via the edit option in the spells tab, but that only let me access the base list of oracle spells and not the domain spells. I'm not sure where to begin looking to diagnose the problem, so if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate hearing them. Thanks!

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

What spells did you choose for your oracle that are not showing up?

3. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

0-level spells: Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
    1-level spells: Burning Hands, Murderous Command, Protection From Evil

Protection from Evil I was able to add to the list by editing and choosing "Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law", so that was simply a matter of interpretation. But Burning Hands, although listed in the DomainFlame spells for the Oracle in the classes.txt file, wouldn't show up in the list of available spells when I edited.

I did "fix" the situation by shutting down d20Pro, opening the classes.txt file, and manually adding the desired spells to the Oracle spell list. Then I started d20Pro again, went into the character's sheet, clicked on the spells tab and hit Edit, and now I could select Burning Hands, Mage Hand, etc. for the class. So I did get a workaround, but it doesn't explain why these spells weren't showing up in the first place.

Perhaps in a future edit, you can modify the interface to allow the Judge to select for a character not just the "allowed" spells for the class in question, but ANY spell. That would provide maximum flexibility for the user. You could make a toggle to show just the approved spells for the class from the official sources, and then an exhaustive list of all the spells. I know I'd find it useful. :)

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks. Noted.