1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder core only-Looking for 1-2 players

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by SHADOVEN, Feb 11, 2015.

1. SHADOVEN

SHADOVEN New Member

Hey there everyone!

My gaming group recently had a couple members drop, and we currently only have 2 players plus the GM. I am one of the players. We are looking for 1-2 more players who want to play in an ongoing campaign in a homebrew setting. Details are as follows...

-Core Books only
    -Sunday Morning, Eastern Standard Time 9am-12pm, 3 hour session on a weekly basis.
    -Homebrew Rules! (Death is much more strict than normal Pathfinder. The Negative Levels from Raise Dead and Resurrection are actually permanent, they cannot be recovered in any way, you actually lose a level and have to work your way back up. Same with if you choose to bring in a new character, the new character will be 2 levels behind the highest level player.
    -Homebrew Rules! (Critical Failure on Attack Rolls is a thing! If you roll a natural 1, roll again. Depending on how low you roll bad things can happen. The most common result I have seen thus far is losing the rest of your turn.)
    -Game does not follow WBL Guidelines, uses Slow Advancement. We are currently lvl 8-9, new players would come in at lvl 8. Standard Point Buy, all others rules the same as Core Book.
    -Interparty Strife is allowed, though I must warn you that though the GM is fine with it, both myself and the other player frown upon it. I outright ban PVP in games I run as I have never seen it be anything but disruptive so keep that in mind. We are currently a Paladin/Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple(Me, LG of course) and a Ranger(CG). So we really are looking for Good Aligned PC's, who are HEROES. Mercenary types are acceptable, but we don't want brooding loners, defective Adventurers who never act, that sort of thing. Its a TEAM GAME, lets have fun together, not be at each others throats alright?

I think that fairly well sums it up. Now, im a player in this game, not the GM, and im sure many of you reading this either stopped already or went WTF?! CORE?! WTF PERMANENT LEVEL LOSS?!

Here is the thing...I hear ya. I truly do. I came to this game from a Pathfinder Game with all Books available, no Permanent Level loss, WBL, all that stuff. Oh and no crit failures. I get how hard it can be to adjust to that, or that you don't want to. I get it. But, I am hear to say that even though I may not care for some of the rules, I am greatly enjoying the game and do enjoy the Core Book only aspect of it. It certainly made it quicker to make my character!

So if you are still reading this, please respond! We need at least 1 player by next Sunday, or the campaign is over! If you show interest and agree to this game, we will have a quick interview over Skype to get to know each other and make sure we are not all going to hate each other. We do play using Ventrillo for chat, so you will need access to that.

Basically we are just a bunch of fun loving guys with a interesting storyline going on that we don't want to have to just up and quit on! The game is story heavy but with plenty of action and such, so all types are welcome!

2. d3r3kzvtt0n

d3r3kzvtt0n New Member

I responded via PM. I'm interested in joining if the spot is still open.

~d