1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Import from Herolab

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by ncassella, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ncassella

ncassella Member

Noticed while prepping for my session tonight that I noticed that the AC of my characters is messed up when I am importing from Herolab.

I don't know who's end it's on but it's not calculating the AC of the attack bonus correctly
    See example

I will submit to lonewolf as well just incase it's on their end with the output file. This only appeared after the last update and not before during the my playtest.

Attached Files:

2. ncassella

ncassella Member

additionally the damage is also importing incorrectly

Attached Files:

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

The To Hit value is correct as it draws your base attack bonus and adds the bonus specified in the hitbonus area - which is set to STR. Thus, if you preview the attack or chose to attack something it will be correct.
    Note: The To HIt area is used if you have a masterwork weapon or magic weapon that gives you additional Attack.

The damage is also correct as it draws your damage attribute (STR) and is multiplied by 1.5x when "hands" = both.
    Note: The + Damage area is used if you have a magic weapon that gives you additional damage.

The only concern is with the AC as it looks like it is submitting a Miscellaneous bonus in it's output file, as when I attempted a HeroLab export I get the following that doesn't match my character.

Code:
    		<keyvalue id="ACTotal" name="Total Armor Class" value="18"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACArmor" name="AC from Armor" value="+4"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACShield" name="AC from Shield"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACDexMod" name="AC from Dexterity Modifier" value="+4"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACWisMod" name="AC from Wisdom Modifier"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACNatural" name="AC from Natural"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACDeflect" name="AC from Deflection"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACDodge" name="AC from Dodge"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACMisc" name="AC from Miscellaneous" value="+8"/>
    		<keyvalue id="CMBTotal" name="Total CMB" value="+1"/>
    		<keyvalue id="CMDTotal" name="Total CMD" value="15"/>
    		<keyvalue id="CMDFlat" name="Flat-Footed CMD" value="11"/>
    What it is doing is adding up your bonuses and putting it in the Miscellaneous field, which is incorrect. This is an issue with Hero Lab's Export to D20PRO.

4. ncassella

ncassella Member

So the +4 to damage and the attack bonus doesn't show up on the inventory screen only in the attack window?

The only reason I ask is that prior to the last update, like right before it when I was using the beta, I imported an encounter and all the attack bonuses and #d#+# damage displayed on that screen, thought there was something odd going on

So I pulled the xml and see <keyvalue id="ACMisc" name="AC from Miscellaneous" value="+6"/> I have no idea where that's coming from or why it's on all my characters. I'll reach out to the lonewolf forums to try to see where it's coming from.

In the meanwhile if I change the value to 0 in the export file that should display the correct AC right?

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <document signature="d20Pro Import File">
    	<importer version="2" game="pathfinder"/>
    	<hero active="yes" heroname="Dahns Leonhardt">
    		<keyvalue id="Size" value="Medium"/>
    		<keyvalue id="Space" value="5"/>
    		<keyvalue id="Reach" value="5"/>
    		<keyvalue id="Speed" value="30 / 20"/>
    		<keyvalue id="NumHands" name="Number of Hands" value="2"/>
    		<keyvalue id="Experience" name="Total Experience" value="2055/5000"/>
    		<keyvalue id="Class" value="fighter 2"/>
    		<keyvalue id="Race" value="half-elf"/>
    		<keyvalue id="Alignment" value="Chaotic Good"/>
    		<keyvalue id="CurrentHP" name="Current Hit Points" value="24"/>
    		<keyvalue id="MaxHP" name="Maximum Hit Points" value="24"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACTotal" name="Total Armor Class" value="16"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACArmor" name="AC from Armor" value="+5"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACShield" name="AC from Shield"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACDexMod" name="AC from Dexterity Modifier" value="+1"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACWisMod" name="AC from Wisdom Modifier"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACNatural" name="AC from Natural"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACDeflect" name="AC from Deflection"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACDodge" name="AC from Dodge"/>
    		<keyvalue id="ACMisc" name="AC from Miscellaneous" value="+6"/>
    		<keyvalue id="CMBTotal" name="Total CMB" value="+5"/>
    		<keyvalue id="CMDTotal" name="Total CMD" value="16"/>
    		<keyvalue id="CMDFlat" name="Flat-Footed CMD" value="15"/>
    		<keyvalue id="PP" name="Total PP" value="0"/>
    		<keyvalue id="GP" name="Total GP" value="198"/>
    		<keyvalue id="SP" name="Total SP" value="0"/>
    		<keyvalue id="CP" name="Total CP" value="0"/>
    		<background gender="male" age="32" height="6' 1&quot;" weight="160lb." hair="SIlver" eyes="Green" skin="Fair">Dahns was born in a small village of Myrk Vior. His father was a ranger, and died battling a gang of gnolls. His mother died shortly after of grief, and he spent his early years as an orphan in Penrith.  He moves back to his parents farm after marriage, only to then have his wife and son killed by gnolls as well. Fueled by revenge; he seeks the training of Master Balor, who teaches him above all else to clear his mind. After 10 years of training, he is ready to start his life again; selling his sword arm where he can to make money.
    Personality would be like Yojimbo meets the HIgh Plains Drifter.</background>
    		<types>
    			<type name="Humanoid"/>
    			<subtype name="Elf"/>
    			<subtype name="Human"/>
    		</types>
    		<attributes>
    			<keyvalue id="aSTR" name="Strength" value="17"/>
    			<keyvalue id="aDEX" name="Dexterity" value="12"/>
    			<keyvalue id="aCON" name="Constitution" value="13"/>
    			<keyvalue id="aINT" name="Intelligence" value="13"/>
    			<keyvalue id="aWIS" name="Wisdom" value="12"/>
    			<keyvalue id="aCHA" name="Charisma" value="15"/>
    		</attributes>
    		<saves>
    			<keyvalue id="svFort" name="Fortitude Save" value="5"/>
    			<keyvalue id="svRef" name="Reflex Save" value="2"/>
    			<keyvalue id="svWill" name="Will Save" value="2"/>
    		</saves>
    		<attacks>
    			<attack id="wBlowgun" name="Blowgun" attack="0" damage="1d2" critical="×2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="false" ranged="true" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="P"/>
    			<attack id="wCompShort" name="Composite shortbow (Str +0) (both hands)" attack="0" damage="1d6" critical="×3" multiattacks="no" class="twohanded" equipped="" melee="false" ranged="true" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="P"/>
    			<attack id="wGauntArm" name="Gauntlet (from Armor)" attack="0" damage="1d3" critical="×2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="B"/>
    			<attack id="wGreatswd" name="Greatsword (both hands)" attack="0" damage="2d6" critical="19-20/×2" multiattacks="no" class="twohanded" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="S"/>
    			<attack id="wShortswd" name="Short sword" attack="0" damage="1d6" critical="19-20/×2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="P"/>
    			<attack id="wAxeThrow" name="Throwing axe" attack="0" damage="1d6" critical="×2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="true" finesse="false" damagetype="S"/>
    			<attack id="wUnarmed" name="Unarmed strike" attack="0" damage="1d3 nonlethal" critical="×2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="B"/>
    		</attacks>
    		<feats>
    			<keyvalue id="fArmHeavy" name="Armor Proficiency (Heavy)"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fArmLight" name="Armor Proficiency (Light)"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fArmMedium" name="Armor Proficiency (Medium)"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fFreeSpir" name="Free Spirit"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fImpInit" name="Improved Initiative"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fIntProw" name="Intimidating Prowess"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fWepMart" name="Martial Weapon Proficiency - All"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fArmShield" name="Shield Proficiency"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fSimple" name="Simple Weapon Proficiency - All"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fSkillFoc" name="Skill Focus (Survival)"/>
    			<keyvalue id="fArmTower" name="Tower Shield Proficiency"/>
    		</feats>
    		<skills>
    			<skill id="skAcrobat" name="Acrobatics" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skAppraise" name="Appraise" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skBluff" name="Bluff" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skClimb" name="Climb" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="yes"/>
    			<skill id="skDiplo" name="Diplomacy" ranks="1" misc="1" classskill="yes"/>
    			<skill id="skDisable" name="Disable Device" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skDisguise" name="Disguise" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skEscape" name="Escape Artist" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skFly" name="Fly" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skHandleAn" name="Handle Animal" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="yes"/>
    			<skill id="skHeal" name="Heal" ranks="1" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skIntim" name="Intimidate" ranks="0" misc="3" classskill="yes"/>
    			<skill id="skKnowArca" name="Knowledge: arcana" ranks="2" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skLinguist" name="Linguistics" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skPercep" name="Perception" ranks="0" misc="2" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skRide" name="Ride" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="yes"/>
    			<skill id="skSenseMot" name="Sense Motive" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skSleight" name="Sleight of Hand" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skSpellcr" name="Spellcraft" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skStealth" name="Stealth" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="skSurvival" name="Survival" ranks="1" misc="3" classskill="yes"/>
    			<skill id="skSwim" name="Swim" ranks="1" misc="0" classskill="yes"/>
    			<skill id="skUseMagic" name="Use Magic Device" ranks="0" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="lCommon" name="Speak Common" ranks="1" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="lDwarven" name="Speak Dwarven" ranks="1" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    			<skill id="lElven" name="Speak Elven" ranks="1" misc="0" classskill="no"/>
    		</skills>
    		<gear>
    			<item id="wArrows" name="Arrows" weight="0.15 lbs" quantity="40"/>
    			<item id="fBackpack" name="Backpack (18 @ 26.2 lbs)" weight="2 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="fBedroll" name="Bedroll" weight="5 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="fBlockTkl" name="Block and tackle" weight="5 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="wBlowgun" name="Blowgun" weight="1 lb" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="wBlDart" name="Blowgun darts" quantity="40"/>
    			<item id="fBread" name="Bread" weight="0.5 lbs" quantity="4"/>
    			<item id="ioClRes1" name="Cloak of resistance +1" weight="1 lb" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="wCompShort" name="Composite shortbow (Str +0)" weight="2 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="gPDrowPois" name="Drow poison" quantity="2"/>
    			<item id="gFlyayl" name="Drug, flayleaf" quantity="10"/>
    			<item id="gOpium" name="Drug, opium" quantity="6"/>
    			<item id="fFlintStl" name="Flint and steel" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="wGreatswd" name="Greatsword" weight="8 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="gCustom" name="Pearl" weight="0.1 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="gCustom" name="Pearl" weight="0.1 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="ioPrPower1" name="Pearl of power (1st level, 1/day)" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="fRopeHemp" name="Rope" weight="10 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="arScale" name="Scale mail" weight="30 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="wShortswd" name="Short sword" weight="2 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    			<item id="wAxeThrow" name="Throwing axe" weight="2 lbs" quantity="2"/>
    			<item id="fWaterskin" name="Waterskin" weight="4 lbs" quantity="1"/>
    		</gear>
    		<spellsknown/>
    		<spellsmemorized/>
    		<specialabilities>
    			<special name="Bravery +1 (Ex)">+1 Will save vs. Fear</special>
    			<special name="Elf Blood">Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.</special>
    			<special name="Elven Immunities">+2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.</special>
    			<special name="Elven Immunities - Sleep">You are immune to magic sleep effects.</special>
    			<special name="Free Spirit">+2 bonus on saves vs. mind-affecting and on escape attempts</special>
    			<special name="Low-Light Vision">See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.</special>
    		</specialabilities>
    		<userimages/>
    </document>

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

+damage and +attack will show up in both the "Preview Attacks" window, and the normal attack window :)

Yup, you got it ncassella :)

Change the text file then import would work, or just change that misc ac value after import. Then it'll give you correct values.

We will also contact our friends at lonewolf too. :)

6. ncassella

ncassella Member

Thanks Curtis

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for pointing this out to us ncassella, we appreciate your post (it has pictures - my fav) :)