1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder:Looking for players for online game using D20pro.

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by bigkilla, Aug 16, 2010.

1. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Here is a post I made on pen and paper games and Enworld looking for players to fill slots for a second game I am planning on running online using D20pro if interested send me a email. vanceludemannAThotmail.com

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Please read entire post as I am recruiting for Two online games.

I recently purchases a virtual table top(VT or more often VTT). A VTT is an application which allows people to play role playing games, or similar token based games over the internet. The VTT I purchased is called D20pro and I have started running a Pathfinder game using it along with such programs as Ventrilo and a website using Google sites.

At this point I'm trying to gauge interest from users of this site. I already have a few long time friends who have started playing and I am looking for more people to play. I will list a few requirements and features of the game I am running.

Ventrilo
    WILL be required as a player, with a microphone to be able to speak.(D20pro does have a built in chat feature but it is slow and cumbersome typing out Roleplaying situations or trying to explain what you or your character is doing.)

D20pro
    A updated version of D20pro and updated Java will be required too play. (both programs are free)

Participation in the maintenance of Google Site
    Each player will be expected to update information on the games Google Site in regards to their character, it is also a amazing tool for communication between game sessions.(If you do not know how to work on a Google Site it is easy and I can help anyone that needs help and I am learning as I go as well.

If you have any interest in playing my email address is vanceludemannAThotmail.com. Note I am looking for serious players that can commit to games and not flake out at game time and not show up.

Some info on the game so far.

GAME #1

For this game I am looking for 1 player to play a healer type. I have a level 3 Aasimar cleric that a player was using but he dropped out so he is now a NPC, you can either play him or make a lvl 3 healer type.

World of Golarion with a little bit of change to fit the campaign in ( a few new cities and gods and history change).

We have only played 4 game sessions and the players and myself are still learning D20pro.

We play Sundays 1-1:30 PM PST until around 7 or 8PM PST or sooner or later if we decide to call things early or play later but our average game has been ending closer to 7 Oclock. Not sure if it will be weekly or every other week at this poin, I will leave that up to the players.

Group makeup so far.
    Main Party
    Halfling Bard (very non combative and has never participated in combat)
    Half-Elf Ranger (shooty guy)
    Goblin Paladin (I know, I know)
    Dwarf Druid/Barbarian
    Tiefling Rogue/Wizard
    Aasimar Cleric who is currently NPC

GAME #2

Currently recruiting 6-8 players to fill the roles for this group so it is wide open.

For this game we could use Skype if players did not want to use Ventrilo but Ventrilo is the main option.

Game time and scheduling is available as players choice with the following exceptions.

Monday nights 6-9 PM PST not available.
    Wednesday afternoons 3-7PM PST not available.
    Sundays 12am-9pm PST not available.

I am using Hero Lab to import character into d20pro so not all of the Pathfinder info is available to be used but I try my best to modify and make stuff work. At this point most if not all 3.5 stuff is off limits. I absolutely loathe Min/Maxers and if those are your intentions DO NOT expect to play in my games. Character and personality are what I am looking at in players not stats. I have a character creation document that I will give to players intersested in my games which is a pretty generous and heroic point buy and creation method.

Other notes

I am a stubborn @sshole who has been Roleplaying for 30 years but just got into Pathfinder 4 months ago with never really playing DnD past 2nd edition. Im still not 100% on the rules and I am learning as I go. I have no problems with players pointing out rule to me thats fine, but be prepared for me to ignore anything you tell me about rules, I will usually take what you say into account but I have been playing and GMing along time and I am very stubborn and can be down right mean at times.

With all that said I am usually very easy to get along with. Games are usually enjoyable. My games will have alot of combat if you choose or alot of roleplay if you choose I usually let the players set the pace on that kind of stuff and if you enjoy one facet over the other I'm fine with either choice. Along those lines I do not lead players around by there noses,if it comes to spots where players are at a lack for ideas on what to do or are lost you are basically SOL in my games.

Also I do not strictly go by the rules but I expect you to go by mine. For some situations like bluff and diplomacy skills I usually throw those out the door and expect you to roleplay the situation out.

If you are still interested in either game email me at VanceludemannAThotmail.com

3. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Please read the above post for pertinent information.

Looking to fill one spot in my Friday game. Play times are Fridays 4:30 PM PST (7:30 PM EST) until around 10:30/11:00 PM PST (1:30/2:00 AM EST)

If you are interested email me at Vanceludemann AT hotmail.com or at gmail.com

Group so far.
    New characters will be starting at 2nd level.
    Cleric
    Alchemist
    Paladin
    Sorcerer
    Rogue

4. wildknives

wildknives New Member

Is this the list of characters you have already? Or the list of characters you would like? I am interested in playing a pathfinder game as I have been in an auto accident and am going to be out of it for almost a year. I lean more towards Elf, half-elf rangers. More the Archer/Arcane Archer type. I am 45 years old (no silly kid games lol) and have just gotten back into gamming DnD with 4e. My friends have introduced me to Savage Worlds and Call of Cathulu. I missed out on 3 and 3.5 DnD. I try to play with the Guys at d20Pro on the Sunday games they provide. My name is Tery.

5. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Those are the characters in the group already and I just added two more players so I have seven in the group now, a eighth would be overkill.

I could possibly fit you into my Sunday game 1PM PST to around 7 or 8 PM PST, there are currently six in that game and another player wouldn't break that one too much. But if you play with others on Sunday that might be out as I pretty much make attendance for the scheduled games mandatory unless something major comes up.

I am tossing around the idea of running a mid week game Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday.

6. wildknives

wildknives New Member

Ok Mid week sounds good. also if you could keep me in mind if someone jumps out. I would enjoy playing anytime lol. Your right about having a game allready for Sunday I dont think another game would be smart. Tery

7. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

do you still need a player?

8. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Both of my current games are full. I will post again if I start to run a mid week game.

9. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Ok. I am looking to recruit two spots for my two games I am running. Please read all of the above posts for some general info.

And a few things first before you read further. Please do not respond looking for a chance to play if you are unwilling to play the designated hours for each spot. Please do not respond if you are not serious. Please do not respond if you are not willing to play at least three times a month. Please do not respond if you do not plan to stick wit the group for the long run. I have no problem if you join the game and after a session or two do not like the groups or my playstyle or attitude, that is fine but at least have the courtesy of letting me know you will not be continuing.

Spot 1 Friday game. Times 4:30 PM PST (7:30 PM EST) to whenever the group as a whole decides to quit (usually around 10 to 11 PM PST) . I am looking for a player who wants to play a Paladin of a Campaign specific deity. I have one made that was being used or you can make your own. Other character types are open but a paladin will take the spot over other character types.Character will be level 2

Spot 2 Sunday game. Times 1 PM PST (4 PM EST) to around 8 PM PST (11PM EST) looking for a melee oriented character level will be level 4.

Please reply by email to Vanceludemann AT hotmail.com answering the following questions

What game do you have interest in #1 or #2 ?

Do you have Ventrilo or Skype and a working microphone with the ability to speak?

How much experience do you have with Pathfinder, roleplaying in general and D20pro?

How would you describe your playstyle?

What is your character concept?

10. vardeman

vardeman New Member

For BigKilla's Sunday game, a melee-oriented rogue would be greatly appreciated. Our paladin is getting semi-permanent singe marks from the traps...

V

11. Corso

Corso New Member

emailed you sir

12. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Sorry if I missed anyones emails. But still looking for possibly 1 more to fill in in my Friday game any class welcome as we have all the bases covered. Sunday game as of now is filled.

Game times Friday 4:30 PM PST until around 11:pm sometimes earlier or later, we quit when players need/want to quit.

Group makeup

Paladin
    Sorcerer
    Cleric
    Rogue
    Fighter

13. raimoret

raimoret New Member

Re: Pathfinder:Looking for players for online game using D20

This looks like a good bet for playing online games with this. I think you may try to schedule some weekend for more players to come and join then game. It is best for more players and more games.