1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

PC-Gen

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Archmagician, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Archmagician

Archmagician New Member

A question came up in the forums about PC-Gen support. It is not in our near future development plan to support PC-Gen.

We do however, have a plug-in system in d20Pro and we can provide support if there is a user in the community who knows Java and wants to take a stab at importing PC-Gen characters.

If so, drop me an email and I will help get your started.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

I had looked at doing importing from PC-Gen. I just have been too swamped with family to work on it.

If somebody wanted they could generate the PC-Gen file to produce the xml file the same as herolabs or as the d20Pro.xml file. If they put it in that format then it can be imported by our current importers.

Someone would just need to work on the PC-Gen side. Which can be done by any user and a file (of which type I do nto recall) is created and put into a folder in PC-Gen then the user would have the options of exporting the character using that scripting file.

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

A converter to the HL format would be nice as there'd only be 1 importer to support. I haven't had the time to look at PC-Gen formats but if they were in XML already, one could fabricate some XSLT to get them in HL XML format.

Or as Archmagician mentions, there is a Java plugin API to introduce new importers on the fly. The API isn't really published yet but those interested should take him on the offer. Let me know if there are any unresolved technical issues getting the importer plugin to take. :geek: