1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

PC without Internet Access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fkewlb, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

Just to confirm the following scenario with you guys

Installed d20Pro and created a DM account on home PC (which has internet and no blocking)
    Installed d20Pro on work computer (alot of ports are blocked, including the one needed for d20Pro account creation)

Now, can i copy my folders from my Home PC to my Work PC and be able to login to my DM account ? (since i can only choose the default Player account on the Work PC)

I mostly work on my DM'ing on breaks or lunch time.. (or between support calls when i finished everything else.. )

(all WinXP pc's)

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

If you copy your campaign and your license file back and fourth from home to work you can open up d20Pro to work on the data.

For instance you started work on campaign X at home.
    Copy it to your thumb drive go to work and copy it to your work computer, add a few maps and creatures at work, then copy that to your thumb drive at the end fo the day
    go home and now copy the data to your home PC.
    Now your home install has everything you had added at work.

Is that what you were asking?

3. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

That's perfect, just want i wanted to hear (or rather, typed)

I was asking because i assume i was seeing some authentification going on with an external server while logging in to my account on my Home PC

and thought that since my work PC couldn't access the correct port, my d20Pro wouldnt let me open my DM account.

Thx again for the quick replies

4. KainPen

KainPen Member

nope everything is control by the lic file. as long as you have that your good. the lic file allow control how many players can log into your session and access to GM client.