1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[PF] Two bonuses of the same type stack

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Gekko, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Gekko

Gekko New Member

what you are trying to do exactly?
    Create shield spell
    what the result was and/or what steps you took?
    see attachment. Modify Target -> Mod Group: AC, Mod Target: Shield,Mod Type: Shield.
    Shield Bonus applies. Duration is correct.
    When a shield bonus is entered in the character sheet (Edit Game Creature) the shield bonus stacks.
    When I create an equip an item with infinite duration using the same bonus, it also stacks. If I unequip the item or cancel the spell effect both boni disappear.
    Is the issue repeatable?
    Yes, e.g. same with mage armor and armor bonus.
    what OS you are using?
    Windows 7 Pro
    what rules system are you using?
    Pathfinder
    what version of the software are you using?

Attached Files:

2. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

Yeah I've had the same issue. I think it's just that the rules aren't advanced enough to know bonuses of the same type don't stack. It's probably not a bug so much as the rules don't exist for it in the software. But maybe I'm wrong. (Also Shield spell is force armor, not shield :))

3. Gekko

Gekko New Member

True, but I mean "The disk also provides a +4 shield bonus to AC." The bonus to AC is a shield bonus and shouldn't stack with shield bonus from shields.
    In older versions same bonuses hadn't stacked.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Right, will need to dig into it some...

5. KainPen

KainPen Member

Remember this is not always true some bonus type do stack. Such as dodge and I believe circumstance bonus.