1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Player Controlling their character?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadededdie, May 31, 2010.

1. Dreadededdie

Dreadededdie New Member

Ok, I've looking through the forum and tried messing the the program, but I could not find a way to give players control of their character. Is this impossible as in only the DM will control all units on the screen or is there a way?

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

you can highlight the unit/player/character and hit o and it will come up where you can change who the owner is or if you right click/alter/owner it does the same thing.

3. Dreadededdie

Dreadededdie New Member

Thanks for the quick reply ^.^ works now

4. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

That which the DM giveth, the DM can also takketh away :mrgreen:

Meaning you can always revoke their power of movement, if the need arises ...

5. Dan

Dan Member

Remember that you can give ownership of any unit to any player - so you could even have a second DM logged in to assist with combat! Also, you can have others logged into your game with no ownership - effectively allowing spectators!

This ownership system is perfect for summoned or controlled creatures, by the way. I created creatures for various summoned animals and even some spells (like spiritual weapon and flaming sphere) and programmed their attacks in. This lets you drop the creature or spell into the map and give the caster ownership.