1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Players able to create PC's and content

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by jmckid, Aug 22, 2013.

1. jmckid

jmckid New Member

Hi there,

If you could make the guest license able to make a map and a token but not able to host a game - this would be awesome. Basically let players log in as a Judge much like they can within the 30 day trial - only restrict the ability to 'Host' after the trial period - not the ability to create content and contribute to the community.

They could create content, help GM's and most importantly - they could manage their own character and export it to the GM in a map with all their attacks and abilities as they want it - if they have Hero Lab they can actually benefit from the d20Pro export rather than it all being on the GM.

In fact this could be a great way to introduce players to some of the elements of GMing and get them interested.

As long as they cant host a game I cant see how this would impact your server/client model and licensing model. In fact I can see this leading to more sales - particularly in a group like mine where GM sharing is a possibility.

Appreciate your consideration of my ideas

Regards,
    James

2. jmckid

jmckid New Member

Maybe another way to look at this - make the Judge license the same as the Guest one - but make the slots zero rather than 2 until they buy the full license? Technically this should be something very easy to implement.

you could even consider not differentiating the guest and judge licenses and go to a pure 'player slot' model plus $10 extra for a 'Host' capability - which financially is identical to your current model, but would allow the flexibility I described