1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Players cannot connect to my Public IP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twilight2000v3, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Twilight2000v3

Twilight2000v3 New Member

OK so a little frustrated.

My players have no problem connecting to my Private IP (wireless). However, the players out of state cannot.

W@hen they attempt to log on using the Public IP address given by D20pro it says no judge.

When I looked up "whats my IP address" on canyouseeme.org, it gives me a comletely different IP address.

Im SOOOO lost.

I unfortunately have Hughesnet (satellite internet) which SUCKS but its just about the only option out here. My router is a Linksys E2500.

2. Entola

Entola Member

Did you poke a hole in your firewall? You have to allow port 10101 through the firewall. You have to port forward that port to your computers IP.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=773

3. Twilight2000v3

Yes I did. canyousseemenow.org shows me with an IP address of 174.XXX......

Whats my IP address hsows me with a 67.XXX....... (which is the Public IP addy D20pro gives me)

EDIT:

Apparently the 174.XXX is my IP with the 67.XXX being a "proxy" .....

Since I have satllite internet with a Hughes HN9000 router hooked up to a Linksys E2500 wireless router..... it gets confused.....

Still have NO idea how to fix it.

I can connect to other peoples games but I cannot judge one since the system doesnt recognize the 174 IP addy.

uggggg......

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Doesn't satellite still use a physical phone line for some portion of its connectivity? .. Its a twitchy system at best... I'd suggest contact Hughesnet support, they would be able to help you the best.. it very rare that I would suggest such a thing, but in this case...

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

You would need to make sure the port is forwarded from the hughes router to your linksys router and then on from there to your PC...

Also, how exactly is your linksys connected to your hughsnet router. is it connected to the (hughs side) lan<->wan port (linksys side) or is it connected to lan<->lan ports (hughs and linksys sides)?

haven't had a lot of coffee yet, but the general usual method here is;

router1 normal set up..

router2
    connected lan<-to->lan
    gateway set to router1 lan ip
    ip set as second position from router1 ip (IE: 192.168,150.1 [router1], 192.168.150.2 [router2])
    DHCP, firewall features and UPnP turned off (managed/controlled by router1)

your effectively turning router2 into a switch ..

6. Twilight2000v3

Im totally frustrated.

I dumped Hughesnet and went with Verizon. Public IP address problem noted above is a non issue. However I cannot get the 10101 port open. Ive done just about everything in the FAQ.

Running windows Vista, Java 7, done all the firewall management (PC recognized port 10101 and D20pro) but still players get the "A judge server was not found at 70.XXXX.XXXX".

I am lost.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

do you still have two routers chained together?

8. Twilight2000v3

No not anymore. Just the Verizon 4G wirelss router/modem whatever.

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

In that case, you'd still need to port forward 10101 (UDP/TCP) to your pc via the router..

10. Twilight2000v3

I've done everything but port 10101 is still not recognized. Again Locap IP can connect with no problem but Public it says no Judge.

????

11. Dragonmaster13

I am have about the same problem. Local is fine but no one can connect remotely. Canyouseeme shows that my port is open but every time anyone tries to connect it says there is no Judge server.

12. Entola

Entola Member

Ok, let's break this down. How exactly are you open port 10101? What Router Brand and Model are you using? Basically give me a wall of text of everything you can think of that might be of use.

13. Twilight2000v3

NETGEAR MBR1515L wifi router with Verizon 4G service:
    Went to router setup and did port forwardign to D20pro and opened port 10101. Rebooted PC and router.

Windows Vista Firewall:
    Allowed D20pro and both javas and added port 10101.

Im not running any other firewall or anti virus programs that I could find.

When I had ATT service the system ran fine.

What other info do you need?

EDIT: RUnning JAVA 1.7