1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Players can't view handouts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScottPAW, Oct 21, 2011.

1. ScottPAW

ScottPAW New Member

Hi all. First post. Love the program but my players can't view any of the handouts. It worked great the first time that we used the program but now it gives them a failure to load/error message. Also, on my end, I have only the appropriate handouts on my UI loaded in but when they try to view handouts, it tries to load all of the previous handouts as well regardless of the fact that they aren't even loaded into that session/map. Any help would be appreciated! :D

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I have to say, that I have experienced this problem as well. I just forgot about it and never posted.

So, any Ideas?

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, anytime you send a player a handout d20Pro will attempt to send all handouts you have assigned out to all players at that time. My bet is that your computer is trying to send out every single handout to all your players at the same time.

If you are only trying to send one handout, make sure you open the permissions for each and every handout in your handout library and remove access to all players. Then goto the handout you wish to send, and give permissions for that handout to your players.

If you still have issues, follow these steps or guidelines...

Secondly, if you are still having issues, it could be due to the Java version one of your players' are running on their computer that is preventing the handout to be displayed properly.

Then, if you are still having issues, it could be due to the amount of RAM your players are allocating to d20Pro and the map/image sizes that you are sending. Given 512MB of RAM allocation to d20Pro for a player, roughly 100MB of data and image files will be displayed for the player for that session before you reach the maximum.

4. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

After going through stuff like this with handouts in d20pro, I eventually decided that it's much easier to just email files to all my players or upload them to my campaign's Google site. That way they always have access to the files without having to jump through hoops.