1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

players having trouble logging in from Lobby

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by mrwinfree, Aug 18, 2018.

1. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

GM: Macbook Pro, OS X 10.13.6, D20pro 3.7.3 (stable release)
    Players: windows machines various OS mostly the latest window and one windows vista (I think)
    The players involved (there are 3) each receive a message there is someone already logged on with their username.
    The work around to this point is to log off and then back on with a slightly different name ex. character A becomes character A2. This has worked but even so it may take A3 or even A4 before the player logs in. Now, often but not always, I will see each of the iterations of the character name show up in the game log. They usually stay there the entire session, taking up a seat, unless I as the GM shut down and restart.

Is there something I am not doing correctly to cause these problems for my gamers? Any help is appreciated.
    Mickey

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That really should not be happening, it happens on odd occasion but not as you describe it. I'd suspect firewall or security suite is the hang-up.

3. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

I don't have that on the GM machine. I'll check with the players and report back. Thanks.