1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pop out game log and Roster

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by DartanionJD, Sep 20, 2018.

1. DartanionJD

DartanionJD New Member

Is there anyway to make the game log and roster so that they open in a separate window?
    in the DM screen, screen space in the software is a premium and I find the gamelog and rosters sometimes get in my way especially if I am trying to see a large scale map. It would be awesome if those could unhook from the host window and be placed along the side of my monitor, so I can keep the screen for all the awesomeness that is the map and combat.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I know this has been brought up before and @owlbear has looked at it. I'll ask him about it again when I speak to him next.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I talked to @owlbear a bit about this today. It appears as though those items are not windows in the traditional sense. However, it is possible I might be able to write an extension that you could run in/on another monitor you could read the game-log in. I'll do some poking and let you know what I come up with.

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah. I'll work with Kril on a solution for this. Ideally we want to get to a point where we can manage the in-app "windows" as actual windows. the way they're currently built, however, will require a re-write to support that kind of behavior.

For game data itself, however, we actually write the content out to a file in your campaign folder which affords the ability to read that file into an external tool or application.