1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

PS3

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Thrillba, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

This is more than just a feature request. Is there any way you guys could create this for the ps3. It could be a download and would work on any tv. This would be an amazing bonus for any play area. I play in my living room with 3 to 4 friends. If I could bring this up on my ps3 instead of having to hook the pc up to my tv it would be amazing. The ps3 has bluetooth so a keyboard and mouse are already connected.

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

I can't speak for anybody else on the team but I have to admit that this is something that has never crossed my mind. Taking advantage of the hardware in the newer generation of consoles though is a pretty good idea. I can't say I have a really good idea on the feasibility of it but I'll pass it on to the rest of the team for discussion.

3. neofax

neofax New Member

With a hacked PS3 or one that has not been updated past a certain point, you can install a full blown version of Linux. Since d20Pro is just a JAVA program, you can then install d20Pro. Now, I am not certain about whether JAVA runs in this environment or if d20Pro needs the Oracle version of JAVA. Hell if the Air Force can use 100's of PS3's to run wartime scenarios with Linux on it, I think we could run a VTT.